1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fans were burning Matt Schaub jersey's like they were BBQ.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Chef_Monteur, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

2. Raven

Raven Member

Fans are pissed because they don't think the owner cares as much as they do. Seriously, where is McNair in all this? Is he even paying attention?

3. Grinds

Grinds Member

McNair loves his ProBowl QB.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Schaub had inexplicably changed from a qb that might not be able to make the big play, to one that might lose you the game.

Crazy.

5. conquistador#11

it's easy for the detractors to say i told you so. but come on, four pick sixes in four different games in a row hasn't been done since bobby hebert 1996, this is ground breaking what we're seeing. And it's like kubiak read the internetz machine. why on hell, in a situation where you run the ball with that little time remaining, would you pass the ball. "we can't win that way." then you go out and do a bootleg pass on sherman who knows who you're throwing it to. yeah ok!
    fubar!

win 4 in a row and this message self destructs.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel like schaub has been hanging with romo.

7. SpiceLaneCowboy

please.

at least romo has a strong arm, athletic, and can evade pressure.

schaub is none of those things.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Romo would kill it in the Texans offense.

9. Nero

Nero Member

There are two problems with the current situation with Schaub, apart from the obvious:

1. Teams now know for sure that they can sit on Schaub's routes and he WILL make a critical mistake and quite possibly hand them the game on a silver platter.

2. Schaub will now be playing even more scared than ever, trying to make sure the above doesn't happen, which will only make things worse. He may not throw another pick for a long time now, but he may alos just keep throwing them in the dirt or taking sacks.

Both of the above issues are the beginning of the end for a quarterback.

His teams and coaches are losing confidence in him.

I am sure he starts again next week, I mean, what choice do they have?

However, if he does it again, then management will have no choice. They will HAVE to bench the guy and put in Yates.

Maybe this season will go down in flames, and we end up with a top three pick, and can draft a qb, if there is a good hotshot sitting there.

The last thing we want to happen, and every Houston fan already knows this is the likely scenario, is that this team is too slow to react and the primes of these really really good players is wasted, just like Andre Johnson's career has been completely wasted.

10. SpiceLaneCowboy

he absolutely would.

11. Grinds

Grinds Member

No. Romo mostly throws picks from downfield passes. Schaub throws them for 5 yards. HUGE difference. Their risk vs reward are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Not just completion yards, but defending an interception. The farther downfield you throw a pick the MORE tacklers you have to stop it. The intended target is the only potential tackler on Matt's picks. His risk vs reward is HORRIBLE.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

We'd need to keep Lechler holding on field goals, however

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SpiceLaneCowboy

they could grow a pair of balls and start case keenum.

we all know what we have with schaub.
    we all know what we have with yates (schaub 2.0)

lets see what we have in keenum. The man showed great potential in preseason. lets not prolong the suffering. Lets find out if keenum has any potential, if not, lets start the process of planning to draft a qb.

Stop wasting years of watt, cushing, fosters prime, the last years of the greatest texan in history and a loaded roster.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

NSFW language

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-L4wq15CSsw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nero and spice lane are dead on big shout out to you guys I would never ever wish my team to lose but it's the sacrifice I'm willing to make I'm going to say it I hope we get killed against San Francisco that way a change has to be made I just want change for my team so if I have to cheer against them so be it (ps. I would love to draft Johnny football)

16. Raven

Raven Member

Agree on Schaub being psyched out. It's in his head. He's going to be playing afraid, and no QB can survive under those conditions.

Agree on leapfrogging Keenum over Yates.

17. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

They're just burning his jersey to acknowledge that Schaub's on fire. That's why whenever pressure comes, he stops, drops, and rolls.

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

nothing says trashy like jersey burning.

19. updawg

updawg Member

You guys really want to throw Keemun out there against the 49ers?

But I agree with a lot of what was said about schaub

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ask any of these people who the first three Houston Pro Bowlers were, and they won't get two. :eek: Drunks.

Taking it to the extreme... like they're losing their mortgage or they're getting unhealthy because Schaub throws an interception on which the opponent scores? Taking it a bit too serious is BAD. :rolleyes:
    If you're saying Schaub did this, you're incorrect. If you still think you're correct, please list ALL FOUR. :eek: