1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Fans, be ready for a bigger debacle!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by youAndMe, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holden

Holden Member

hey.................man....................youre all wasting server space.................................................................

read the first post and last post of a thread...and if nothing has been accomplished youre all wasting server space, man, im ashamed of all of you..............................

2. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Stoud is going to become a great player IMHO...but who cares. This is like comparing Kobe Bryant to Iverson or Magic to Bird....all players have their strengths and weaknesses and help their teams in different ways. Stoud is an exciting player with phenom inside prescence, though he cannot hit a jumper outside 5 feet to save his Grandmom from suddent death! I would put Yao in a shooting contest with him any day of the week! But, Stoud can sure throw it down from 1 foot!

They will both be great IMHO....and so what if he is ROY...this does not mean jack squat..do you remember who won it three years ago or five years ago or 10?

3. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

What makes you think that a high school player will not face many of these same constraints?

If you could stop riding Amare's jock for a bit , you could see the fallacy of your arguement.

4. Cheezewhiz

Cheezewhiz Member

I think you are forgetting that Yao is from China and is still adjusting. If he plays this well now, imagine him in a few years. Shaq who?:cool:

5. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

In the Words of Bill Walton......FACE!

:p

6. Arnel

Arnel Member

youandme....... you.. are an idiot.. :).. happy new years everybody!!

7. BSW

BSW Contributing Member

What in the wide wide world of sports are you smoking youandme?
    Someone puts out the stats to prove you wrong and you keep preaching on. Shut up!

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Maybe he will go away?

9. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Deep down, y'all know I'm right. But y'all just hate to face the reality. I totally understand that. Yes, I admit it is easy to give inaccurate assesment if stat is only tool used and the margin of difference is minimal. I believe you make the same mistake from time to time.

The constraints I mentioned play a bigger role than the stats now.

10. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

What fallacy? I couldn't see. Please explain.

11. Khal80

Khal80 Contributing Member

i see where he is coming from. amare has stepped up and produced with good numbers since he was inserted as a starter, yao will brop win ROY bc of what he has gone through to get here and his production but i think amare has a good case

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Its DYNEGY not DYNERGY. Jeez, if you're going to buy the stock at least know the name of the company.

As an energy trader and Rockets fan....your Enron analogy sucks.

13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Do you even know how the Rookie of the Year award is decided? The answer to this question will reveal much.

14. SLA

SLA Member

We are all experts. That's why we all get paid 21 million bucks a year. We are all on television. We are so smart. We know so much about basketball. So we are very important people. We feel good about ourselves. We think we are smarter than the other guy. We are all basketball gurus. We know everything. We just know everything about how to coach and what they do in the lockerroom. We know how to manage a franchise. We are just smart. We are all fans.

15. watashi315

watashi315 Member

YouandMe, what is wrong with you??? I agree that the Rockets have some problem (maturity and team chemistry), but you're being more than just a realist by saying THEY ARE GOING TO BREAK DOWN. So what if they do?? So what if they don't?? IF you're a TRUE Rox fan like you said you are then you should only continue to support the team 100% and stop posting pointless messages like you're doing. Also, by judging for the ROY, you have to also look beyond stats sometimes. So what if Stoudamire suddenly had one or two break out games? There's a lot of talented rookies this year that could post big numbers--Gooden, Williams, etc. But the point is, Yao has had more of an impact on the game than any of the rookies will ever do. If you haven't read the countless of articles written on ESPN.com, go and check them out. I don't think ANY of the sports analysis agrees with you that Stoudamire will have more impact on the game than Yao will. Yao will only get strong and mentally tougher. And from what I've seen so far, he has been TEACHING US rather than the other way around. This guy is no dumby as anyone who's played against him could attest. WHO are you to just count him off and suddenly jump on the Stoudamire bandwagon just because of a few highlight games?? You're a DISGRACE TO ROX fans everywhere. And stop posting anymore pointless flaming messages. Wait till Yao wins the ROY...THEN we'll see who gets the last laugh you moron.

16. watashi315

watashi315 Member

If you're not convinced by the power and stats of Yao Ming against Amare Stoudamire..just read these articles:

1). http://www.nba.com/news/all_star_ballot_030102.html
    (LOOK! Yao is the second highest vote getter in the West and 4th overall in the NBA!! He's highest amongst Centers, beating SHAQ!)

2). http://www.nba.com/news/rotm_030102.html
    (LOOK! Yao is the Rookie of the Month for December? Look at those numbers! Where is your Stoudamire?? I don't see him winning any Rookie of the Month? How can you even win ROY if you can't even get a ROM under your belt?)

3). http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/021127.html
    (Great prediction article by one of ESPN's finest NBA analysis)

4). http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/021227.html
    (One of ESPN's finest admitting his stupidity in counting off Yao so quickly. Maybe you'll be in his show after a few months....)

Read these you moron and then get back to me!

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

There hasn't been a poster who has pissed me off that bad in a while. YouandMe thinks that the Rockets cannot win without Yao and probably has not seen more than 5 games. I think he/she looks at the stats and determines how the game was played, then forms opinions based souly on stats. I have a hard time thinking that YouandMe has watched the Suns enough to know anything about Amare. Also, he/she's still afraid of Yao playing Shaq. The Lakers have sucked so far, even with Shaq. They are about 2 games above .500 with him. However, none of this thoughtlessness has pissed me off more than youandme saying, "I love the Rockets" before each post.

Damn troll, give it up, you are not a Rockets fan. You joined this forum because of Yao. You'll show your true colors soon enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.