1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fans, be ready for a bigger debacle!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by youAndMe, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

This is just the beginning of what you are seeing right now. Sorry folks, I'm not trying to be a pessimist here. But it is more near than what you ever think of. The Rockets are just like the Enron. The stats are equivalent of the balance sheet. It looks all great in the beginning. And all of sudden, the slide just catches everybody by surprise. Yao is like energy trading. In theory, energy trading has a good business model. Well, the Enron did not operate the business in the right way. It should have started off slowly and fully developed the foundation before spending billions of dollars for expansion. And it also failed to perform some expectation management. So, the energy trading never materialized and it ended without a single penny benefit. For the Rockets, the probable episodes are:

1. Ming's mental and physical breakdown
    2. More chemistry meltdown
    3. Injuries
    4. Lower attendance
    5. Unhappy players finally speak out
    6. Rudy falling off the wagon (a little humor to ease the tension)
    7. Longer and more repeated than expected losing streaks
    8. Stoudemire ROY
    9. Lakers beat the Rox for the 8th playoff spot
    10. Yao 2-13, 3r, 1a, fouled out in the early 4th on Jan 17.

Fans, be ready.

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Youre an idiot.

3. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Am I stupid or did that post make no sense?

Either me or youAndme (no pun intended) should stop doing so many drugs.

4. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

This got to be the most stupid post I have even seen. You are a total moron.

5. cmellon

cmellon Member

Oops.... hope neither Clutch or Clutch Crew reads the thread. :D

6. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

Hey, as long as the Rockets screw over the California teams, its all good...:D

7. corbe

corbe Contributing Member

Your a Moron. This team has overcome more adversity than a loss to NY and come back stong and will so again.

8. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Call me whatever name you want. I hope the Rox win all the way. But the team needs a reality check. I don't want to see them in a stage of denial like the Lakers. Don't you see the postgame quotes. Mobley still believes he can only be productive by scoring. And Rice said the knuckleheads did not follow Rudy's game plan. If you put all the pieces together, the Rockets are having a bigger problem than it appears on the paper. Sometimes, I wish they never won those few big games because the boneheads think they could conquer the world. And Rudy believes his "milking" concept is the solution to the world hunger. Hope y'all listen to the 610 show when you have time. Rudy sounds somewhat like Ozzy Osburne. He spoke blurrily and didn't explain the issues methodically. Like the issue with Boki, he muttered few things that were entirely unrelated to the question. And there are times the host stepped in and answer the question for him. What kind of coach is this? The bad thing is some of the fans still believe in him because of the 2 good years. But look at the mistakes he made in the past several years. There are plenty of track records to prove his ineptness. Maybe his age, maybe he doesn't have an answer to the zone D, maybe never will.

9. RocketfanfromLA

Agree, I guess Rockets will lost next four game in a row. I hope i am wrong.

10. heech

heech Contributing Member

I'm just having a hard-time trying to figure out how Amare Stoudamire is going to win ROY before Jan. 17th. I figure this'd only be possible (barring injury to every other rookie in the league) if he scores 100 pts, grabs 80 rbs in his next 5-10 games.

Personally, I hope he starts today... I got the guy in fantasy basketball.

11. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

i hope u choke

12. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

I hope you're right, Yao1134. But don't deny the problems the Rox are having now. All the posts about the problems the Rockets have now are all valid. Fans see them, you see them, I see them. They are all legit. But do you see any major improvements? NO! Other teams are showing improvements, the Suns, the Geezers, the Jail Blazers, the Grizzlies, etc. They need to admit that they're regressing as a team. And I have not seen anything positive about the Rockets besides the things about Yao Ming, those FEW big wins, and KT trade.

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

Really??????? Then stop NOT trying. Because you are doing a pretty incredible job of looking like one of the biggest pessimists on this board when you don't try. :D

14. nineteen

nineteen Member

You,

Stay strong! Good points. Don't let the sheep scare you. The insults are silly!

15. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

My prediction is more accurate than weather forcast. Stoudemire as ROY. Bash me if you want. The team knows how to play him. RT doesn't know how to play his guys other than milking them.

16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Or...

1. Experience makes Yao tougher mentally and weight training neutralizes the Wall
    2. Rockets decide to bond together, chemistry greater than ever
    3. Due to great conditioning, injuries reduced to minor tweaks
    4. Rockets play great, games start selling out
    5. Everybody happily accepts their roles
    6. Rudy wins Coach of the Year
    7. String together multiple 5+ game winning streaks
    8. Yao ROY
    9. Rox beat out Suns for 4th playoff spot
    10. Yao 11-16, 13r, 6a, scoring 31 on Jan. 17

Fans, be ready.

17. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Youandme,

No offense but how long did you play or coach in the league?

You obviously have wisdom far more reaching than most of us forum members here.

18. youAndMe

youAndMe Member

Man, c'mon. Stoudemire is better than Yao at this point of the season. But I'm not saying Stoudemire is a better fit for the Rockets. Performance wise, Stoudemire already surpasses Yao.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Define "performance wise". As in... what are you looking at? Numbers? Over what period? The entire season?

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think you should change your name to meAndMyself because no one agrees with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.