1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FanHouse Source] Rockets will pursue Brad Miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Jun 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

he can be agood backup

2. R=$

R=$ Member

Deke say - "Hell Nooo"

3. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

best news i've heard all week

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Only for the LLE,not a penny more. Move Andersen as part of a package,or for a 2nd rounder(highest possible one).

5. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

Brad Miller has experience but is slow as a slug especially on his moves to the hoop. He is not a shot blocker either!!

6. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

No leave this scrub for somebody else

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Uhhh...YOU DO. Brad Miller is a very solid player. Sure, he's like Andersen 1.2 now, however that 0.2 means he can play within the system, pass to open guys and defend a bit. He's definitely a "hold the fort" type of player as you said, however we need someone like him who is willing to go from 0-30 mins in any given game and not complain about it.

You can't have just Hill and Chuck Hayes next to Yao Ming, what happens if Yao can only play 10 mins a game? Someone like Brendan Haywood is definitely a better player than Miller, however MIller already knows RA's system and has shown he can succeed in it, whereas Haywood would probably take half a season to adjust, and unfortunately this half season is where we need him the most, when Yao Ming is still recovering.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Brahman better come cheap. I'm not into paying over the hill, non-defending, cement shoe wearing, jump shooting centers much money. He will help the offense flow but the last problem this team currently has is scoring or being unselfish with the ball. We might as well add another non-scoring, great defender at SF too since we are adding players we don't need.

9. fattz

fattz Member

As long as we sign him to ONE year deal I am in. I really hope he want take to many of JHill's mins. IMO all JHill really needs to be soild player is playingtime.

10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I am not against it but nothing says to me Championship yet from our moves. Of course he wouldnt hurt though.

11. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

If this is going to be our prize after the free agency frenzy......players must hate Houston.

12. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Better then Rockets rumors with LeBron? Man get outta here!

13. HPD

HPD Member

sign Brad Miller see if we can stay afloat all yr till.... come trade deadline DM makes his SPLASH! and trades away Jeffries, Shane, and other player(S) to be named later...

14. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I don't think so :p
    Yep on the court. He's hungry, smart, experienced, efficient scorer (except last year), good rebounder, passer, & he's gonna have to hold down the fort :cool:

#74 djperm, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I guess they want to sign him before he signs with somebody else, but I hate to see them make the commitment until they know what big moves they're going to make.

Are they sure they're keeping or trading Hill? Are they sure they don't need all the MLE (if they use any of it for Miller) for somebody else, after some trade? For instance, if we trade AB to bring in some big shot, maybe we would then want to use all or most of the MLE for another PG.

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

He looks even slower than Yao. But if it's vet min I am all for it.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No, I'm correctly rating him. David Andersen 1.2 is not a "very solid player" - it's a minmal mpg backup center at best.

Yes, he'd have some system familiarity. And I guess he could "pass" - though his apg numbers don't stand out really....

BUT IMO, if you're forced to use Brad Miller for any significant your hopes of a championship season go from slim to none (as it hurts your home court advantage race which is huge in the Western Conference) and in that'll. Case I'd rather gamble with Jordan Hill. Jordan was a better rebounder, shot blocker and more efficient and better scorer per 36 minutes. He had a better PER.

It's a no brainer to me (short of Jordan getting traded).

Frankly I'm not entirely sold on the need for a backup center at all. The one concern is maybe Hill really shouldn't play center. But he seemed to have the size last year. A true tall long defensive center would be great, but that's definitely not Miller and really isn't out there.

Just my two cents.

18. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

He would definitely be an awesome backup center. Best since Mutumbo.

19. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Having Brad Miller on the team is like signing Derek flopping Fisher for me. I can't stand the way he doesn't play fair and tries to trick the refs into calling cheap fouls on better players. I would tolerate him because the team needs a decent back up center but I really wish there was another player as an option.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Jordan Hill.

In simplest math
    Yao - 30 mpg
    Scola - 30 mpg
    Hill - 23 mpg
    Patterson - 13 mpg

Won't work out like that but then Ive given no minutes to the Chuckwagon.

If Yao goes down season is "effectively" over anyway - up Scola, Hill and Pattersons minutes.

If Miller comes for veterans minimum and insurance, fine. But pay no more.

My last contribution to this thread. Ive already stated I think Miller is average at best and lacks the special skill (interior defense and rebounding) the rockets would most need from a backup insurance big.