1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fanhouse] Memo to Rockets: Patience Is a Virtue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ASidd_1990, Apr 5, 2010.

1. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

HE EDITED HIS ARTICLE TO TAKE OUT THE ARTEST GOT TRADED COMMENT AND EDITED OUT THE FUTURE ALL-STAR COMMENT FOR ARIZA.

He edited comments (gwatson's comment, took out the Artest left via FAcy tidbit).

I pointed out these edits AND HE DELETED MY POST (btw I am posting under rocketstobchamps as tht is my AIM name).

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

The only basketball he watched was last year's NBA Finals, it seems.

This guy is too much...

...crap.

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Nevermind, I don't think he edited the comment, I was looking at Tommy who had a #2 missing, guess he forgot to write a #2. Henry (whom I am guessing is gwatson, has his comment intact).

But still, this guy is editing his article and deleting comments. Fanhouse should get rid of him.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the author is the one making these edits, he's doing it out of desperation. Maybe his job is on the line. I say just leave it. I think he must realize that he screwed up.

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Too bad Barnes wasn't on the Magic last season.

But anyways, the guy is a complete moron, and I wouldn't be suprised if he got the axe by the higher ups in AOL front office.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It would have been different if some random poster on Clutchfans or any other Joe Schmo from a sports forum wrote this article. I would have let it go and move on because this guy isn't gonna get paid off this.

This Jordan fellow works for a large sports-related website that is owned by one of the largest media and Internet companies in AOL. Alot of people read these articles, probably millions around the world, and he doesn't double check his facts or at least attempts to do some actual research. Calling a player immature when you don't know the player or provide examples for his so called immature behavior is unprofessional. Also, we didn't trade Artest! He left for freakin free agency! Also he made some false allegations that Martin was not an efficient scorer. Um, shooting 43% from the field is not efficient? Okay!

He gets paid alot to write this unproffesional POS article and needs to be fired! I'm pretty sure that there alot of people even on this board who could have wrote a better article than this moron!

Lastly, I am not blasting Fanhouse. They are a up and coming sports media website and have some great staff members who actually have a good background such as regular Around the Horn on ESPN guests in Jay Marrioti and Kevin Blackistone.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

This is a load of crap. This guy doesn't know anything about Houston. Kevin Martin isn't a right fit but Matt Barns is? He's acting like Houston can just go out there and sign guys like Lebron, Wade or Bosh. What are the chances of that? The Rockets traded Landry away hurts, but Landry wouldn't be more than just an above average PF.

Landry is a guy that can give you 16-20 points per game and grab around 6-7 boards. Jordan Hill on the other hand, has more potential than Landry. Hill is bigger, much younger and is a better rebounder and defender than Landry. All Hill need to work on in the off-season is his offensive game. It needs to be more polish but he's still a young rookie so patience is the key.

Plus he said Kevin Martin is an issue in the Locker room?

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I can understand him not following the team, but he is just making up stuff.

He mentions the Rockets paying the luxury tax "once again". The Rockets have been under the luxury tax threshhold for several years. I can't remember if Les Alexander has ever paid the luxury tax.

He talks about salary cap reduction instead of the luxury tax threshhold as forcing the team to pay the luxury tax. Any professional sports writer should know that the luxury tax threshold and salary cap are 2 different things. Luxury tax threshold is the only thing that determines taxes. Luxury tax calculations don't look at the salary cap at all.

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I made my peace with this one. I reported him, and the comments are now intact... so I feel better.

Responsible journalism is apparently an oxymoron.