1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fan vs Harden lol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by No Chill Rocket, Aug 15, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

this may be a random fan but its indicative of what Harden's player profile has become for a lot of people. He may be the only one saying it aloud but he isn't the only person echoing some of the thoughts. Hopefully Harden just continues to use it as motivation instead of allowing it to frustrate him. He is the player he is. Because it can become overwhelming for a player with this constant negativity.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Harden should have beat his ass.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Free throws is not crime. Come on!

Free throw is just part of basketball game.
    It's not first day you heard about basketball, right?

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He looks like someone famous. He was sitting around Swaggy P and a bunch of other dudes that looked like athletes or NBA players, but I didn't get a great look. Anyone think he's someone locally famous in LA?

Harden wouldn't respond to just any dude calling him out - I'm sure he's gotten his share of flak from courtside fans.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd call out CP3 for flopping... or really any flopper for that matter...

That said, I know many will disagree, but I view it as levels of egregiousness...

1) phantom flopper - someone who falls down when no contact was made in an attempt to draw a foul call... phantom foul that never happened.... CP3 is a primary example... no contact, jerks his head back and falls... imo, These people should be suspended from the league if it continues... slows the game and is paramount to cheating imo...

2) the accentuaters - someone who gets tapped and goes flying with his arms flailing like he just got hit by a bus... I don't like this style of play. Imo, be a man and play the game you're getting paid millions to do instead of trying to play the refs for a ticky tack foul and potentially leave your team at a disadvantage if you don't get the call...

3) playing FOR the foul - This would prob be the category Harden (and others) would fall into... trying to get your defender turned around and flustered so you can jump into him or get him to slap your arm or whatever so you can throw the ball up and get your points at the line... I'm not a fan of the practice. Idc how beneficial it is statistically... Play the game, try to score, if you get fouled, hopefully the ref sends you to the line... but counting on the ref to see/give you the call, takes the game out of the hands of the players and places it in the hands of the refs - which I do not agree with. I understand the allure of trying to draw fouls (esp getting others into foul trouble) but much like 'Hack- a- whoever' - it may be within the rules, it may even be the smartest move... but I don't think it's the right 'spirit of the game'...

just my 2 cents...

#25 kjayp, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The ESPN mobile App actually sent out an alert for this garbage. SMH.

7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Harden definitely 2 and 3 lol. You don't think his head action is accentuating the contact?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to that level and that continuous for that length of time. That fan would be asked to be removed if it was to that degree without question if he was courtside at a real game.

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Definitely - but I wonder if Harden knew the guy or of the guy based on where he was sitting, who was around him (and enjoying the show), and the fact that Harden bothered to defend his case. He seemed to be a supporter of the other team, so he might be a known commodity in the Drew League circles.

10. Lando

Lando Member

Black people being black people

11. alethios

alethios Member

I'll just leave this here. Some forget how real flopping looks.

[​IMG]

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

To me i definitely don't think harden knows him. this guy is likely some regular at the Drew League but he was obviously being pretty ridiculously obnoxious and in a setting like that a player like Harden would respond. Give him the opportunity to talk trash back. Almost impossible not to when the only voice you here is this annoying guy all game long.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Surprised no comments regarding how fit he looks.

btw: who first popularized the high pitched "heellll no"

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't think anyone knows.

15. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Saw it on espns front page. Too bad harden finished with 42 ,8 rbs, 6asst, and 3 stls

Espn forgot to mention that

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reason Harden gets fouled so much is that they can't stop him. If people didn't reach in to strip the ball then they wouldn't get the foul.

I don't see how Harden can flop any more than anyone else when the fouls he gets are driving to the basket and he doesn't end up on the floor very often.

17. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Harden will never win mvp and it has nothing to do with his talent or defense

18. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Dude is a r****d....
    Prob didn't play past junior high / enjoy your minute of fame / basura

19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He's a street-ball legend that once dunked on Fisher Price when he was only
    in middle school.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

not saying I disagree.... I think many players fall into multiple categories given the situation...