1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fan Submission: Yao-Rockets Music Video-like clip

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 11, 2002.

1. drapg

drapg Member

good job :)

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

WOW!!! Kudos bigtime!

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

One word: excellent

:eek: :eek: :eek:

4. red

red Contributing Member

hot damn...im grinning ear to ear...excellent work...i think ill watch it a few more times....the song is lame IMO...

5. Timing

Timing Member

That was spectacular! That should be a new Rockets commercial.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Kick Ass Video!!!! That gave me goose bumps. It felt like the championship years all over again. Good stuff. Now if the season would hurry up and start...

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Timing said: that should be the new Rocket's commercial.

I was thinking that, too.

Great talent.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

REALLY AWESOME VIDEO. It gave me goosbumps like everybody else. The song fit PERFECTLY for this video and I loved it how he tied the song in with the highlights, just perfect. :D

9. Stevie Francis

man that thing takes way too long to download on a 56k modem.:eek:

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I just checked out the new longer video and once again, Brilliant! As others have said, just gives you goose-bumps. Really pumps you up for the upcoming season! Go Rockets! :)

Clutch, glad your friend took my suggesting to lenghten the video. It really feels complete now. Now, any chance of it in quicktime for us apple geeks? ;)

Chris

P.S. Somebody really should send this video to the Rockets organization.

11. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

The freeze frame with Ming in midair before the dunk with the Rockets jersey, unfreeze, dunk.... oh, man. Awesome.

And the alley oop to Ming- for god's sake, the man doesn't have to jump to dunk! He hopped just the slightest bit! He doesn't even have to break stride while running to put it down with two hands!

12. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

that video is straight up givin me goosebumps! I love it when he just rips that guard! his dribbling sounds great and the music fit in so great! i cant stop daydreaming abt this team nowww...im goin to UT in the fall, ne ideas as to where i can go watch rockets games?

13. Panda

Panda Member

That spin move to the basket is awesome.

Now all he needs is to bulk up a little and a nickname.

Thanks to the fan who made it.

14. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

That spin to the baseline... does that look an awful lot like an Olajuwon move to anyone else?

Also, grabbing (not blocking, grabbing) the ball out of midair was vintage Wilt.

15. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

When Ming stole the basketball from the Guard and took it back for the uncontested dunk, it reminded me of Dirk Nowitzky. Imagine Ming Turns out to be like a 7'5 Dirk! with defence! Scary!!:eek:

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ya know, I posted a thread saying the same thing a few weeks ago. People try to compare Ming to Smits or Bradly but what about comparing him to a larger version of Nowitzski or Gasol? Seeing the footage of Ming the guy just moves so effortlessly! He does not lumber or look awkward. I mean when I watch Dirk he moves like guard, yet he is 7 feet tall! I get the same feel with Ming. Watching him shoot and dribble and move he makes it look easy.

After watching that video I had to laugh on when they threw up that pass for the ally-oop dunk. Ming barely left the floor (he didn't need to), it looked like he was dunking on a 9 foot rim. It looked like probably how I look dunking on a nerf basketball rim hanging over my door! LOL

I think it is fair to look at Ming in the Dirk/Gasol role, just with more "upside!" Scary!...and Exciting! ;)

Chris

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:eek: That has to be... THE COOLEST THING I HAVE EVER WATCHED!!! I am siked for this seaso now! :eek:

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wow, very well done !!

A superbly professional job.

DaDakota

19. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

I really liked that steal and how he outran the guard to dunk it. The guys' got some skills, he ain't no bradley.