1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Famous cannabis users

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by right1, Jul 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. right1

right1 Member

http://www.mpp.org/guidelines/sign1.html

Please add to this shortened list.

George Washington
    Thomas Jefferson
    Bill Clinton
    George W. Bush
    William Shakespeare
    Bill Maher- host of "politically incorrect"
    Woody Harrelson
    Willie Nelson
    Stephen J. Gould, Ph.D., Harvard Univ. scientist
    Tom Robbins- best-selling author
    http://www.ccguide.org.uk/mpsmoker.html
    Bob Marley
    Eric Clapton
    Ernest Hemingway
    Susan Sarandon
    John Lennon
    Louis Armstrong
    + many doctors, lawyers and businessmen that I know personally

This is for tbagain who claims that all cannabis users are underacheivers that waste their precious time at all-you-can-eat buffets while experiencing life in a dim-witted stupor. I have, purposefully, left many famous users off the list in hopes that my bbs friends will continue it. And, yes, add those athletes that you see fit!
    :)

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Louis Armstrong
    Charlie Parker

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Mo Taylor
    Bill Walton
    Lamar Odom
    Carl Sagan
    Mayor Bloomberg of NY
    David Lee Roth
    Cypress Hill
    Kottonmouth Kings
    SNOOP DOG

hmmm the rest seem to escape me! ;)

[​IMG]

#3 rockHEAD, Jul 10, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2002
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of my teachers.

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Kevin Eubanks

6. Hydra

Hydra Member

Shawn Kemp
    Len Bias
    Joe Barry Carrol
    Charles Oakley
    Seemingly every character on 6 Feet Under

7. right1

right1 Member

Who are the characters from 6 feet under? Len Bias used herb? I thought he tried cocaine and died because of it?

8. right1

right1 Member

Now I see that 6 feet under is a t.v. show. These are to be famous people, Hydra. Not fake characters, please.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I personaly have gotten high with...
    1. Lamar Odom
    2. Judd Nelson
    3. Vince Neil
    5. kiss kiss from Gangstar
    6. Molly Shannon
    7. Outlaw Dave
    You should see the list of drinkers...

10. tbagain

tbagain Member

I am sure that your parents would be SO proud of you.;)

11. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

zztop (zig zag pot)

12. right1

right1 Member

Hydra, I can't seem to find anything on Joe Barry Carroll. Are you sure? See, not all cannabis users are overachievers! By the way, you misspelled remarkable in your Biography;) . I'm just giving you a hard time, Hydra. It just seemed you were trying a little too hard to come up with underachieving drug users, instead of legitimately adding to the list.

13. right1

right1 Member

Who? George Herbert Walker and sweet Barbara? shhh, please don't tell:( .

14. Hydra

Hydra Member

right1,
    Nah, I don't really know if Len Bias or JBC used mar1juana. I just put down a bunch of losers. But with a nick like Joe Barely Cares, what are the odds that he wasn't a pothead? :) As for Len Bias, what are the odds that the first drug he ever tried was Coke? I happened to notice that every time someone on Six Feet Under has a problem they seem to go get high. Anyway, I was only trying to show that in addition to the winners that smoke pot, there are plenty of losers.

15. right1

right1 Member

Great post, Hydra! You're exactly right:) .

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While it wouldn't bother me if mar1juana was legalized, I have to pick a few bones on some of the 'users' listed. I know that George Washington grew hemp, but I haven't really seen anything that proves they were users.

There are some references, though not conclusive of using, to smoking hemp. One of the arguments about legalizing hemp for use in things like clothes etc. is that smoking it doesn't really get you high.

Anyway that being said, I don't know why mar1juana isn't legalized.

17. right1

right1 Member

18. right1

right1 Member

19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Bob Dylan
    The Beatles
    The Rolling Stones
    The Who
    Led Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd

and just about every other popular music act, including a lot of rap and hip hop artists. Also most poets, playwrights, painters, sculptors, choreographers, dancers and actors. In other words, most creative people. Plus a hell of a lot of NBA ball players.

20. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Harvard-trained M.D. and best-selling author Dr. Andrew Weil (this is my second post quoting him today) conducted medical studies with mar1juana in the late sixties. He's studied numerous psycho-active compounds over the years, and has written extensively about his research. His opinion on mar1juana laws:

I said, in "The Natural Mind," that I often have the suspicion that everything that we do in the name of stopping the drug problem is the drug problem. It's not just the laws but the whole mentality that sees drugs as the problem and tries to fight them. By doing that I think we've made
    it all worse.

I'm very sympathetic to Thomas Szasz' viewpoint. I think he states it in an extreme way, but if you go back and read about what the United States was like a hundred years ago -- before we had any drug laws or "drug abuse problem" -- there were a lot of drugs in circulation and there were problems associated with them, but I think that on balance everything was much better than it is now. We've made more people abuse more drugs in worse and worse ways. I think it's all a consequence of our trying to fight drugs.

I think a lot of [drug abuse] is directly a product of the medical profession. Every time it's gotten its hands on a powerful new psychoactive drug, it prescribes it very carelessly and people get strung out. Then, when it's called on that, it takes the position that it didn't have anything to do with the problem, that it's a bad drug. So they take it away, it's banned or put on restriction, which creates a tremendous black market for it. And that's been a pattern that's happened with everything, from morphine and heroin to cocaine and amphetamines, for the past hundred years.

I think the whole apparatus of dealing with the drug problem through criminal law, that whole mentality has to go away. I think until that doesn't exist we'll continue to have a drug problem.

For one thing, I think the drug laws and the prohibition mentality are directly responsible for inciting curiosity on the part of young children about experimenting with drugs who otherwise wouldn't care. I think that's a direct product of that. You tell kids this is forbidden and -- especially if you're hypocritical about your own drug use -- the main effect is to make them want to try it. And I strongly feel they wouldn't want to try it otherwise. I've seen it.

So I think the reason everybody moans and wails about younger and younger kids experimenting with drugs is directly linked to making more and more fuss, more and more prohibitions, more and more laws. The more you do that the more the age drops. That wasn't true a hundred years ago.