1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Family Guy on DVD in U.S. on 04/15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobrek, Jan 8, 2003.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Seasons 1 and 2 of The Family Guy will be released on DVD in the U.S. on 04/15. It is a 4 disc set encompassing 28 episodes plus an additional episode that never aired becuase it was banned by Fox.

You can preorder it on Amazon for around $37.50.

2. Iron McFist

Iron McFist Member

3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Hell ya!!!!! love family guy, why cant cartoon network pick it up and play it on adult swim? :(

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

WOOHOO!!! It's been out in UK for a while now, but I wasn't sure if it'd ever come here.

The first two seasons of Frasier will be out at around the same time this year as well. It's gonna be a GREAT DVD watching year :)

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

King of the Hill is also getting the DVD treatment.

A few others coming out in the upcoming months:
    Best of Married with Children (Really wish they come out in seasons)
    Dawson's Creek: The First Season (yea, i watch the show)
    Six Feet Under: The First Season
    Futurama: First Season
    CSI

[​IMG]

6. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

Speaking of dvd's i have been thinking about picking up the simpsons seasons dvd's i am not a real big fan of the simpsons, but everytime i see the show i grow to like it, what seasons are the best to pick up or do they only have seasons 1 and 2 out? I know some members of the bbs say that the show has been getting less and less funny as seasons go on. Should i not buy the dvd since i am not a big fan? Any respones is appreciated

7. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

Futurama is coming to cartoon network starting jan 12. at 11:00 p.m. you could prob just tape those episodes and pick up the frist season that way, its on 5 days a week sun-thursday, starting the 12 as i said before at 11:00, just a suggestion, cant be 100% sure that they will start off with the episodes in order though.

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Umm, the first one are just classics, just how they started. I was told that in season 2, thats where they pushed the envelope a little. I like season 2 over 1 but the best season IMO, are seasons 4-7. Just my opinion though.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i definitely wouldn't get season 1 simpson's b/c the animation was worse, the character's looked and talked slightly different, and it just wasn't as funny (or homer-centered at that point). not sure of the chronology of episodes so can't say about season 2 for sure. the last 3 years have been kinda down (what season are we in?). however, seasons 3-8 or so are pretty much the pinnacle of comedy in all of television history. you should somehow watch (and memorize for quotes on this bbs) as much of these seasons as possible. if they aren't on dvd yet, demand them and watch them. can't miss stuff.

10. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

11. Israel's son

Israel's son Member

I love the family guy

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I completly agree with you. Season 3-8 or so (the middle ones are the best) The first 2 sesons have too much of bart and not enough Homer. The eps centered around homer are by far the best ones.

Im also very excited about the family guy dvd's. I think that its some of the funniest stuff that has ever been on tv. Now all we need is for seinfeld to be released.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

YES YES YES YES!!!

Family Guy on DVD!

one of the greatest animated shows ever...

my animated dvd collection is going to be bigger than my movie one at this rate!..Simpsons,Family Guy,KOTH, B&B, and Futurama all on DVD...

This ROCKS!!! :D:D

had to throw in some Stewie quotes..

Damn you vile woman, you've impeded my work since the day I escaped your vile womb!

Mother, I come baring a gift. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster

and in the spirit of the Legalize pot thread:

Peter: Maybe you don't have to pee. I'll just give you some beer, it'll run right through you.
    Stewie: Beautiful. And while we're at it we can light up a dubey and watch p*rn!
    Peter: Rea...Really?

#13 Rockets2K, Jan 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2003
  14. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Why is everyone so excited? Its called Kazaa. Every episode, right now, for free. Tell em Drew sent ya.

15. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Heck, I already have the first season of Futurama on tape, but I'm still buying the DVDs. For one thing, the tapes have already started to wear out from repeated viewing (you don't really have to watch a tape too many times to start losing quality, especially with the consumer-grade blank tapes).

16. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

I dont have cable and not every episode is on kazaa

17. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Why can't there be NEW Family Guy's?!?!!??!

AAHHH!!!!

18. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

YES, every episode is on kazaa. Any reason why you would say this is isn't true?

19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

Wow, figured all of them wouldnt be, most t.v. shows i would look up wouldnt have all of them.

20. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

now all i need is the wonder years on dvd...and i can die a happy man.