1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Family Guy’s Epic Chicken Fight

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bobmarley, May 23, 2012.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Got kinda boring about :45 in...

I like family guy, still find some of the episodes amusing enough. i really liked "back to the pilot" "leggo my meggo" and the last stewie vignette in "viewer mail 2". i like that brian has become go-to joke fodder the past few seasons.

now american dad...i looooooooove american dad.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

LOL I love it, in the first minute there's a reference to exactly what I said earlier; Stewie / time travel. I wonder if they're still dumping all their good material into American Dad, it was the funnier show for awhile there.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

it's true! with my 3 favorite shows done after next season (thanks nbc), i don't know what i'll do. i've got family guy and american dad, workaholics and daily show/colbert. i guess i'll start learning guitar again.

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

I've been watching futurama reruns on Netflix. I'm starting to wonder if TV will eventually become nothing but "news", dick jokes, and reality shows. Will there even be a network to pitch my sitcom to?

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

No one watching Cleveland Show? Love it.

6. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Seriously?!

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yea I love that show. May have fallen off a bit this season, but overall great.

8. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I still think Whitney is the best show on tv...

9. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

My favorite show is Whitney,new girl,Rob,and glee.oh, American idol too :)

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That was actually pretty good. It dragged on a bit, but I enjoyed it.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

South Park is bouncing back. Seasons 14 and 15 were garbage but this season shows promise.

I can watch Family Guy. It is entertaining but I just see it as lazy humor. Nothing compared to what early Simpsons had and what seasons 8-12 of South Park had.

12. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It isn't, by any standard; but the principals have pretty chemistry/banter and charisma, Cummings can produce (this and Two Broke Girls) and the show is NBC's best entry in staple #3 (romantic yuppie shows): so if they promote, schedule and figure out their story arcs it should be a Wednesday/Thursday moneymaker. I think the girls are all pretty cute and it was funny watching Whitney play basketball (well). I think the fiance coming out was poorly handled and they should have drawn it out for an extra season. Unless they've got something else planned for the bohemian that was a mistake. Right now it's just nowhere near the best, or even good enough for people who wouldn't already like this type of show.

13. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! i hate nbc so much

14. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I was kidding and I hope you are too...

Workaholics is the best comedy on tv

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Not the best. One of the most energetically performed shows out there, and uniquely relate-able to its target demo, but some pretty simple plot lines. I put it in a similar vein to Portlandia, even though that's a multi-sketch show.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Compared to when? There is more quality programs right now than there has ever been

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is stealing a joke as shameful for tv shows as it is for comedians? That fear-ection joke was a pale comparison to the League's fear boner.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is true especially if you're open-minded enough to go off-season (canceled shows) and off-network. Torrents, Netflix streaming and even $2.99 per ep digital downloads are the greatest thing that's happened to visual media. I'm not even throwing in niche free stuff online like PBS, CSPAN or Bloomberg/CNBC.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

TV programming is derivative almost by necessity in that it's escapist but still routine-driven comfort food. I watched both shows somewhat faithfully, missed the duplication and probably enjoyed both jokes each time.

20. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!