1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FALSE] Rockets-Sonics prepared to deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mycatuity, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WNBA

WNBA Member

Anyone believe this? I do. I am going to have a good night.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What kind of crap? That would be awesome to get Radmanovic and James. But how does that solve our PF slot? Is he a good rebounder and defender? What's James's role? Backup to Mutombo? That's kind of a weird trade.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Geez, that would be an awesome trade for us. But we would still have to be looking for a banger/rebounder. If we got Radmonovich, that would probably mean that we have Boki on the block. Boki and maybe Spoon going out somewhere for a bruiser?

I can't believe Seattle would actually do this deal though.

4. famicom

famicom Member

I can't believe they would give up Rad and a 1st round pick?? Sounds too good to be true, but I'll keep hoping....

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think this is a bunch of bull website. Did you build it, mycatuity?

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't see Seattle giving up 2 players and a pick for Mo. I'd be happy just to get Radmanovich though, although I still like Mo on this team as a post up threat.

7. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Interesting deal to say the least. It does not solve our rebounding problems though. Excellent shooting pickup if this does go through. Shakey source as stated earlier tho.

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you, Santa!

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I would rather give up Howard than Mo....Maurice does not get credit for his offense. He doe3s contribute and he does try to protect Yao....

10. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I just dont know........

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Has anyone else ever been on this "hoopdynasty" site before tonight?

12. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Vladimir Radmanovic
    Career Stats:
    PPG: 10
    RBG: 4.6 :(
    FG%: .418
    3pt%: .376
    MPG: 26.2

Height: 6'10

Hmmmmm..... interesting.

13. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I personally haven't, but I've heard of it before. I posted this on realgm.com and a guy said he heard the same rumor on ESPN but we all know about the ESPN boards and rumors. :p

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I don't buy it. I did a google search on hoopdynasty and found this article from that site about GS Warriors being the frontrunner to land McGrady.

15. yangstax

yangstax Contributing Member

how can anyone trust a site that looks so damn ghetto??

16. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I'd rather take Danny Fortson

17. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i think this would be a nice trade.. it would spread out our offense more since radmanovic is a pretty good offense player and james is a good banger inside.. i think we can make james do all the dirty work on the boards while runnin with either yao/deke. good trade.. hope it works out.. next move, trade van dumby for a bag of peanuts...

18. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

we need a "POWER" forward more than anything. if trading with the Sonics I really hope we can get one of their rebounders: Fortson/Evans/Collison. if they really like MoTay and want to dump James then: Taylor+our 1st rd. pick (#10~#15) for James+Fortson. James'll probably sit besides Lue/Boki till' their contracts up next summer. Fortson is just what docter ordered for this team.
    We then pick up Eddie House, an excellent shooter this season, play the passing lane, runs fast break :)

E. House, Sura
    McGrady, Sura
    Jackson, Padgett
    Fortson, Howard
    YaoMing, Mutombo

House isn't a traditional PG but we have T-Mac to be the play maker (Kobe's role), so all House needs to do is like what Fish did for the Lakers. Fortson will box out and crush the board, and hit the 10ft jumper once Yao got doubled.

19. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

If this deal is on the level, then I'd pull the trigger without thinking twice. Heck, I'd do it just to get rid of Mo's contract. I don't know about sticking Radman at the PF slot, but then again it's not like Mo was crashing the boards with a vengeance. So it's almost a lateral move in terms of rebounding, but we add a guy that can shoot much better from the perimeter. And Radman will never have as many open looks as he would playing alongside Yao and T-Mac.

Then we should sign Eddie House to play in the backcourt with Tracy, so we'd have a lineup of:

House
    T-Mac
    JJ
    Radman
    Yao

This lineup won't be able to rebound a damn, but it's not like we've been able to rebound a damn so far anyway. So why not put guys out there than can at least make shots.

Either that or get a real power forward that can rebound and defend so as to cover some of Yao's deficiencies. You either play to Yao's strengths or you get someone to complement his weaknesses. This halfway stuff with Juwon and Motay obviously isn't working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.