1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Houston_Rockets

This is going to be a very extensive post, so sorry for the book (If I have some false information, be the first to correct it, this is the information I get, and being an European fan, it is sometimes hard to be precise, and I am sorry if this opinion is based on false facts, but this is what i see/know, with the information I have):

Yesterday we had the draft, and our only move was drafting at 14th, which was predetermined in the lottery, I had hopes of a higher pick, just because, as a fan you always want to improve your roster, even if you have better chance of doing it latter on, which we have, but the impatience and the heart speaks louder then the rational part of the brain sometimes, but when we settle in, and the draft is over, things get clearer, so here are my thoughts about FAgency

First of all, I would like to say, that I don´t know what DM is thinking, and I don´t pretend to, I just want to say what is my opinion about all these previews, that fans but specially the people that get paid, do

DM said that they didn´t wan´t to give too many assets to pick higher in the draft so they can be more flexible in the FAgency, and this is what Houston fans should be happy about, and the so called pro commentating should look to it, giving more importance

People talk about the FA destinies, teams that have cap space, when in the end, 90% of the big FAs will sign with the current team, or go to another team threw S&T, because the player want´s those extra Millions, and the actual team wants something back, so teams like Miami, Chicago, NYK, etc, are the least probable to land max FA, even if they can sign 3 max guys (Miami if they dump Beasley salary), because as I said, the actual player and current team benefits more if they go out in a S&T as I said before

So teams that have Young cheep Talent, and expiring contracts, are the teams that have the bigger advantage, knowing that the there current teams have a bigger percentage of maintaining players, because of personal attachment, ect, but if players decide to go out, teams that have young studs and expirings, have an edge

And this is when Houston comes in, imagine, that only AB, Martin, and Yao are untouchable, the rest of contracts are:

Shane Battier - $7,354,500
    Jared Jeffries -$6,883,400
    Trevor Ariza - $6,322,320
    Jordan Hill - $2,669,520
    David Andersen - $2,500,000
    Chuck Hayes - $2,301,250
    Jermaine Taylor - $780,871
    Chase Budinger - $780,871

Plus (If they accept to get traded, after re-signing):
    Scola – $8,000,000 (based on what Varejao got in the x«extension)
    Lowry - $5,000,000 (based on the average players like him earn)

Witch makes a total of $42,592,732 in salaries, enough to make trade offers to 2 max players, without the problem of matching salaries, and this is not only salaries, because all the teams have those salaries to offer, it´s about the expirings we have and the cheep talent I have mentioned before. This is what these teams want in return, because they can´t demand nothing special, because it is the player that chooses where he wants to go.

Of course you will say to me, "but you can´t offer all your roster for these players because then you have no players" Don´t forget, I listed 42 Millions in salaries, if you have 33M (I don´t know if this is the minimum) in salaries you can offer 2 max players trade offers, so we can maintain 9M (at least) of those players I mentioned, and still have Martin(SG), Yao(C), and AB(PG)

And we still have the multiple picks we got from NYK

Hey don´t get me wrong, this is close to impossible scenario, but what I want to prove is, that people like to say, "this FA will go to this team that has the cap space to sign 2 max guys blah blah", when in the end, teams with assets, have a bigger(still slim) chance to land these guys

And you will tell me, yes, “it all makes sense, but do they want to be in Houston???” And this is were pure speculation comes, because right now I only stated facts (except the future salaries of Scola and Lowry)

After I gave up 3 untouchable players, you can guess what players I think it is possible that CONVERSATIONS can happen, LBJ and Bosh

Hey LBJ, do you want to extend your world popularity, "attacking" the asian market, were, if you team up with Yao, you can be even more a sports global icon???
    Hey Bosh what do you think about teaming up with LBJ, being a center piece, and having 3 of the most talented-non-big-ego stars you will ever play with???

And Houston is the only team that can make these 2 questions

To end it, because you get it, I don´t think it will happen, it is just an imaginary scenario that have facts behind it, but it is hard as a knowledge fan (HAHAHA) to read fans or pro commentating saying this and that, and making arguments about Chicago or NYK (just because of the hype), when in fact if they want to win, or gain global appreciation and the money that comes with it, like they say they want, there is simply no other place then Houston

The only aspect, that is not a fact, but as the years go by, it seams more and more, like a rule, these players only want to be in the news, and like the hype that being famous gives them, and that is a factor that even DM can´t control it

As I said, this is not a preview of what is going to happen, this is not a dream of mine, this will probably not happen (talking about 2 max trades because it depend in many other factors as I stated, the conversation CAN and most likely happen) this is just dismissing those articles you read about FA destinies, and trust in DM, SPECIALLY after the PP draft pick, because he(DM) will be very very active, and I don´t know about you but....

I LOVE HIS GAME :eek:

PeAcE

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

What is fagency? It sounds like an intolerant slur.

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I think he meant free agency. But I would ask him directly...

Did you mean fagency to be free agency... Also what time is it in Europe right now? Is it Saturday Already?

Do answer your original question, American players are vain and they do care about fame. If they didn't they would stay with one team and not think about coming to the Rockets.

Oh, Did you starting writing this on Thursday?

4. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

As you stated at the beginning of your post, it was very extensive. I tried to follow through it as best I could but I couldn't quite make out the main point you were trying to convey.

I read a portion about Houston being a large market and attractive to a big free agent, so possibly this is what you were getting at. Maybe it's just too late to be reading this..

Could someone summarize what the post was saying in a sentence or two?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

only thing is that some teams would rather just let those guys walk out the door then take in that said salary of battier, jared jeffries, anderson, and ariza. so what you said works in a way, but not if those teams dont want those players back even when they are sprinkled with draft picks, and a buddinger or jordan hill or patterson.