1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fadeaway's FantasybaseballLeague official b**** about people who havent picked thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DrewP, Mar 11, 2002.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

If it goes below 4 hours, you're allowed to tell the person that they suck.

Approx Time Remaining to Pick: 4 hours 18 min

:p

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

DrewP=franchise3 :mad:

3. Summer Song Giver

God I hope not but I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind :( Anyone know what his online habits are ie. when we will get this thing rolling again.

4. fadeaway

I dunno. SF3 said in chat that he's usually on in the afternoon.

*cough*automode*cough*.

5. BobFinn*

franchise3 is now known as Smallz something or other on the BBS. DrewP has been on most of the day the 2 days prior to this. 1 hour and 5 min left, then he gets Robb Nen.

6. BobFinn*

Yeah, he usually goes out drinking with Mobley, Francis and Willis at night:p

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Maybe Drew starts the reliever run without even knowing it. At least Nen is a good pick. He's still in his prime so he should produce. Not a bad pick at this stage.

8. Ren

Ren Member

Well Drew has a little over 30 minutes to pick,looks like Rob Nen is his guy, You ready Fadeaway?

I just got on and I was thinking that it was more than likely my pick and you guys were probably waiting on me but I see Drew is the 1st person to take up all his time to pick!!!

No one used all there time last year did they?

9. fadeaway

I'm ready. After I make my pick, I'll be heading out for an hour and a half. When I return, I'll be around for the rest of the evening.

10. fadeaway

Manny Ramirez, come on down!!

11. BobFinn*

Drew got Jason Kendall. He must have ranked his players before the draft started.

Pood got Sheffield.

12. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Sorry guys, I went to a party and #%@%%..... you know how it is/..... next time ill put it on auto.

13. BobFinn*

It was on auto. Did you have players on your queue list?

14. Summer Song Giver

Damn Be(had) he's older than you are:p

15. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

I always have players on my que list

16. PhiSlammaJamma

It went to auto automatically when Drew used all his time. I thought that was a good call by the programmers.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Finn appears to be using the classic strategy of drafting the hall of famers. It ought to be interesting to see if it is going to work. So far the lineup looks pretty solid with little risk.

18. BobFinn*

The pieces are falling into place nicely.:D

19. fadeaway

Larry Walker, Ivan Rodriguez and even Juan Gonzalez are pretty big injury risks. It will be surprising if all three of those players stay healthy.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I think that is somewhat true, with Larry Walker being the biggest imjury risk, but even at 140 games he does more than most outfielders can do with 162. Last year Walker killed me when I played him. I would have taken Walker before I took Shawn Green. Walker is going to get his points. Shawn Green scares me. He might not.

Randy Johnson could get hurt too, but he seems to have a golden arm right now. I'm taking the same risk with Pedro. I just hope he doesn't work on that curveball during the season. 3 runs in one inning of curveballs. Yikes.

Ivan Rodriquez could be a steal. I'm not big on drafting Catchers. Last year I traded for Piazza. He did pretty much what I expected him to do in the end, but it always seemed like he'd get a 1 or 2 when I needed it most. The week I didn't need him he'd explode for like 60 points. So I'm never going after a Hall of Fame catcher again. He didn't help me. I think I traded him a month later.

I'm not sure about Juan, but he could break out again and show the world what he can be.