1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook Envy Makes You Miserable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 23, 2013.

1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

facebook is the reason no one can have another dinner out on the town without someone looking at their phone...ever!

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

One of my former girls was a PR rep for a large clothing label. Basically all the major corporations hire pretty girls to broadcast the mundanities of their lives on twitter to get more client interaction or some marketing crap. She was a natural twitter w**** so I understand where you're coming from.. even though it was part of her job I let her know I was not gonna pretend and she stopped asking me to stare at the sky like I meant it.

What you need to do is not give a damn about your ex's. If you still like her, and you obviously do, break it down and let her know... only after she reciprocates can you comment on how she projects herself. And she won't reciprocate unless you pretend you're genuinely happy for her career and don't plan on toning down her mojo.

If it's not meant to be, move on and don't live in the past. Lure her to you like a mosquito to a bluelight, then when she's under your influence, boom, throw out the guidelines. As time progresses, she'll develop a been there done that attitude, and will naturally mellow out.

#62 Honey Bear, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

It annoys me when religious people post statuses that contain multiple religious words and phrases and they exude a vibe of self-righteousness

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good Lord some of you are just sad human beings. Not sure why you're on Facebook in the first place.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I do get jelly when people post pictures of cool vacation spots. But that's about it

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

This.

I'm elated with my achievements thus far in my life. I don't feel the need to boast about them with anyone else, and I'm a stable enough person to handle the ups and downs of life on my own. One thing is for sure, I didn't get where I am today using Facebook.

Total waste of time.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

When we go out, as soon as we hit the table I call "pancake stack!" Everyone puts their phones on the end of the table on top of each other, not to be touched until we leave the restaurant. Nothing more annoying than sitting with a group, especially the ones who freaking text each other from across the table.

Not gonna have it.

1 person likes this.
  9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

repped for an actual response.

I'm cool with all my ex's. I go to their weddings and they came to mine. all of them are cool on fb except this one who lives the life of an elitist and does nothing to hide that fact- it's the way the word "blessed" gets thrown around, as if to say, simply- "I am blessed and you are not"

tooting your own horn on facebook is an art. I feel weird doing it- but sometimes, you just want to share some good news in your life.

some people are more private than others, and the others have no filter whatsoever on the things they say or share on social websites.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL! :grin:

Those are awesome.

Or, the ones that just post a status:

Original: " :( "

Friend 1: "OMG! Why are you sad!"
    Friend 2: "WTF, attention w****?!?!?"
    Friend 3: "Guys... STOP IT! DEPRESSION IS REAL!!!"
    Friend 4: " :* :-<> LOL!"
    Original : "Thanks guys... I feel so awful... I can't believe [insert MTV show character] isn't getting back with [insert MTV same show guy character name]"

REALLY? LOL!

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

This post contains irony.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The goal of capitalism it to make you unhappy and dissatisfied

Rocket River

14. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

I like FB. It's pretty much the only way I can keep up with friends and sometimes get useful info as well.

I feel bad now. I'm so popular and I love to advertise my awesome life!!!! I saw Steve Francis biking by today at lunch (true story) You suck!! :p

OMG, that's just too excessive. :eek:

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Facebook is great to keep in touch with old friends and family that live far away. That's about it.

16. SacTown

SacTown Member

I especially had a problem here so this article rings very true. As most of you know and some of you whom I've helped off the board know in detail - I really don't have a home base. I travel a lot. I flew over 100,000 miles in 2011 and about 85,000 in 2012.

My mom, my sister and a few relatives always like to keep up with me so I used facebook as a way to update them. I'm also into photography and that combined with my love of travel, well I take a lot of pics. I have facebook albums on each place I go. So for example last year I was in Berlin, Kiev of course then jumped to south east asia, Thailand, Philippians, Singapore, Bali, and finished off the trip in Shangahi & Hong Kong. I don't post anything crazy like me laying on the beaches all day or karaokee'ing with hot asian women but just some sight seeing pics and pics when I'm out to dinner with coworkers. I take a lot of food pics, especially in Asia.

I was getting tons of comments on each picture like "omg I wish my life was a permanent vacation" "must be nice" "my boyfriend/husband never takes me anywhere" "I haven't had a vacation for 2 years" "wow are you a drug dealer or something" "traveling is tough when you have kids" blah blah blah blah blah

And these are people I grew up with, people I went to school with, but the funny thing about it is, these people wouldn't want to do this. In their mind it would be a dream to travel that much, but in reality they wouldn't like it. They wouldn't like all the jet lag, the cultural differences, the food challenges in asia, getting vaccinated, getting the swine flu like I got in Hong Kong in 2009, sleeping in trains and airports, etc... And on top of everything, I actually WORK while on these trips so it's not just one big vacation like people on facebook like to believe.

But the article really ring true because I think more than anything people get really jealous when you travel. And it's mainly women from my experience. The guys seem to be pretty cool about it for the most part. Long story short, I deleted my facebook, made an alter ego on pinterest and just post my albums there for my direct family to see. I also link the photos to affiliate marketing sources so I make a few bucks here and there off each image when someone clicks on it.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

If someone is important enough to stay in touch with then you'll do it without facebook.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WOW!

That's deep. Don't let them steal your fun with ****ty commentary

Rocket River

19. Classic

Classic Member

Facebook went downhill ever since they stopped allowing you to edit other people's wall. It was literally awesome for about 5 months especially when you came home throwed from the bar and ****ed with the dumb sorority chicks. Since they changed it & it became all ad intensive and geared towards baby boomers & high schoolers it's sucked. Course I grew up since then [sorta]. Bout to delete mine.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

you do affiliate marketing for a living, right? what do you do all the travel for? (don't mean to get thread off topic)