1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Facebook Envy Makes You Miserable

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Jan 23, 2013.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Ahh, I gotcha, I know exactly what you're talking about. "Going out to get a sandwhich! Greatest day evahhh!! LOL ^_^"

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

There are a lot of FB personalities that can be deemed as annoying. You can simply uncheck "show in news feed" and voila..problem solved.

#22 sammy, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  3. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

im friends w/ a dude from high school and he is a true facebook addict. he makes at least 25 posts a day. any thought that comes into his head he posts. when he goes to dinner he not only tells you about it, but takes a picture of himself and/or his food. he lets you know when he is working out and sometimes even takes a pic of himself working out. lets you know when he goes to the grocery store or home depot. he constantly posts pics, videos or other stuff he sees online.

ive actually made a game out of it where i will tally up his total posts over the past 24 hours. when i first started doing this it was like 15-20, but the last few months it is usually over 30. im actually disappointed when its under 30. his record is 60...60 facebook posts in a 24 hour period.

he came to town a few months ago and wanted me to take him on a bike ride around town. he had his iphone in the side pocket of his backpack and literally every 5-7 minutes would check facebook...while riding his bike. he would stop during the ride to post comments and take pics of things he saw so he could post them. there were two times where we were on the trail and he was looking at his phone and almost ran into bikers going the other way...it was amazing!

just did a count...33 - dude is slacking!

#23 jo mama, Jan 23, 2013
  4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Best way to clean up what you actually want to see or hear from.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I never post anything on Facebook. I use it to look at bikini pics and see how stupid the things people post can get. But I hate this cry baby mentality. If you see something you want or are envious of - go get it, cry baby.

6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

facebook is pretty much a tool to say, "HEY EVERYONE, LOOK AT HOW GOOD MY LIFE LOOKS VIA ALL THESE PICTURES I TOOK OF MYSELF HAVING SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!" when really their life is as boring as everyone else's or more so due to over compensation

edit: also, death to those who think facebook is their own personal journal, or those people who post a status saying "OMG I'm so sad wahhhh". then people ask about it and they say they don't want to talk about it :mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

attention whores everywhere

#26 fallenphoenix, Jan 23, 2013
  7. SK34

SK34 Member

#BewareOfThemAttentionWhores

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

That's messed up bro. I'm not going to do that to my friends/family, very disrespectful. I rather just b**** about them anonymously on a forum. :cool:

Lol sounds hilarious

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

jo mama, I had a question. Does he at least use CAPITAL LETTERS when starting a sentence? :confused:

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've got a buddy who just turned 40 who does the same thing. Just this morning he posted a message on facebook from his run saying he was going to tough out the last 1.5 miles. A month ago he posted while in the middle of a race.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i dont' have any personal info except my name on display, not even my b-day. it's not really that important to be acknowledged on my b-day. i like facebook. but i definitely am annoyed by the religious nuts, pro-gun, anti-obamas of the world.

oh yea, if you're going to post pictures can they at least be sharp enough where i don't have spend 30 seconds squinting trying to decipher what it is.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That is absolutely hilarious.

13. macalu

capital letters are overrated.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Depends on the sandwich.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Since around 2007 or 2006, eh? ;)

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Ehh, it's always unattractive people or tight asses who complain about facebook. Successful guys and good looking girls who do things in life have a right to share this with friends... what's worse is the losers who follow celebs on twitter and comment on their **** clueless to the fact theyre being fed lines and dont know each other. Or frustrated chumps on message boards who get angry when you share cool things with them. If we all just went into a cave of obscurity and discussed "current events", the world would be a dreadful place.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

GREAT THREAD ! ITS SO TRUE! GIRLS ARE ALL ABOUT HOW PRETTY THEY ARE.

18. macalu

i always look forward to friends sharing actual accomplishments. got promoted? got your masters? pass the bar? that is awesome stuff. i don't really care that you're holding a margarita every weekend or your baby learned how to poop by himself.

19. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

I think Facebook was a brilliant (unplanned) "Psyop" engine that not even America, let alone the world knew was coming. Facebook is just another added help to change motives & emotions, etc., as well, as influence people to "talk more." (or write more about their lives)

I know/see a lot of Facebook envy, or narcissism daily. Nothing new here, and I think that it was a good study. I'm sure it is true.

Facebook: so interesting, and yet so strange the love affair the world has with it. Along with Twitter. Facebook I think would be king in the narcissistic vibe though.

20. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I was referring to

not incessant updates to show people you're still alive. There are mutual feelings of warmth inside a social circle and people like to relate - even if it's over an instagram of a $20 chocolate cake at some obscure cafe. If you have an insecure personality , you can always view it as "projecting an image" or "trying too hard" or all that crap, but sometimes people just wanna shine or kick back and those with the right mindset don't think too hard about it.

The real issue is your own Insecurity over wanting to keep up with the jones, and Lack of success.