1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Face it, steph curry in the new jordan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 17, 2015.

1. what

what Member

I'm not saying I subscribe to it, but in the eys of kids today, Steph Curry is Jordan.

Watching Lebron out there against Steph Curry, he looked like a relic of the past. It was so stark the contrast between them.

When Jordan came into the league he made athleticism and skying to the rim cool. Curry is doing the same thing with the 3 ball.

Even Kobe and Lebron never really took the mantle from Jordan. Kobe tried to be Jordan and Lebron was a freak of nature, but neither really changed the basketball culture like Jordan did.

Curry is doing it. The right player at the right time. Underscoring this fact is that this finals was the most watched finals since Jordan's last appearance in the finals.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

White people love Steph Curry because he makes Reggie Miller look like Ron Artest.

4 people like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whatever. Steph Curry plays on a stacked team that covers up for the fact that he can't guard anyone that matters. Lebron was doing everything for his team like a one man gang while Curry was sitting on the three point line and guarding a scrub offensive player.

4. NotChandlerParsons

Not really comparable at all. There's a reason he's sharing the 2k cover with Harden/Davis.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

In terms of media obsession, I definitely agree. Curry is the new Golden Boy.

In terms of basketball...lulz....

1 person likes this.
  6. ibm

ibm Member

is op the spokesperson of mr. silver? :)

7. what

what Member

In terms of basketball, not sure why it would be a lulz. There was plenty of media for kobe and lebron, just as much as Jordan had. Curry's connection and the way he plays basketball and is seen is absoultely jodan-like. He won the title before jordan did.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Aesthetically, he's amazing. No doubt about it. As an entertainer, he is absolutely Jordan-like.

However...he's not the dominant scorer Jordan was. He's not even remotely the defender Jordan was. Hell...he still might not be even the best player at his position, though that's debatable.

9. conquistador#11

so he is basically the taylor swift of the nba. =)

1 person likes this.
  10. ibm

ibm Member

curry as an athlete is not on jordon's level, far from it. need to make that clear first.

but in terms of each generation must have its own idol, then the op may have a point. curry fits the bill of a "cool" image this next digital addict generation's needs. reason why he bites that mouthpiece and tries to look "cool" all the time. sometimes i feel harden tries to look the same.

and this is the image of this next gen in my head. i actually saw it in the street the other day, only the boy i saw looked only 10 and had both hands off the bike texting. :)

[​IMG]

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

That Iquodala tho.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dude I thought you were "white" :eek:

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmaoooo this is funny

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't really think it's debatable.

Westbrook is the best PG in the NBA. Production wise and skills wise.

If you replace Curry with Westbrook the Warriors would still win the championship this past season.

He's only Jordan like in how entertaining he is and being the face of the league. Even still, he has a ways to go to be that. If he's truly the next Jordan than Underarmor will surpass Nike and Curry will get a movie etc etc.

He ain't that yet. He may never be that. He's certainly the face of the league right now as of this moment. That can change in a heartbeat though with a humbling season or two though.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

In terms of skill or really anything actually basketball-related, nah. But in terms of pop culture prominence / popularity / idol to the casual fan, he is probably the closest thing right now. A lot of factors working in his favor, for sure.

1 person likes this.
  17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Curry is the furthest thing from cool. KD and LeBron are still the players kids idol.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

What a stupid thread, he is not the new Jordan

19. adobo

adobo Member

I see what you're trying to do....putting gasoline on the Curry hate that is already on this board ;)

20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I've never seen casual fans gushing over KD the way they are about Steph right now. Not ever. And again, I think there are certain reasons for it -- but it is what it is.

Hell, even Matt Barnes' kid went to school in a Curry jersey on hero day.