1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FA prospect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a la rockets, Jun 7, 2006.

Tags:
  1. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

I found this while going thru Draftexpress and thought it was interesting enough to post it here:

Jay Williams training out with top draft PGs

No mention of the Rockets, but I think he did a workout for us at the begining of the season...

2. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

If he would come cheap..

I haven't heard anything about how much he is going for.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

A healthy, productive Jay Williams should easily be able to find a job in the NBA.

4. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

We need to draft GAY and move up if we have to because that gives us the freedom to sign a guy like T thomas or split it between james jones and rasual butler. Also if we had gay and could sign tim thomas i would love to get rid of juwan for darius miles but only if we had gay!

5. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

yeah if he's cheap, ill take him for sure.

6. chuckywang05

chuckywang05 Member

So what every other team in the league. Small risk, potentially huge reward.

7. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

He's going to return for the Raptors, bank on it.

8. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

not if James signs back.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ok, everything you said makes sense in and of itself, but how exactly does it relate to this thread? I'm curious.

10. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I dont think he will sign with the raptors. they were interested in him back when we were also and he was working out. if i remember correctly it was mentioned he wanted to go to a contender and i dont think toronto is that and even he might have said that back then. I know after he worked out for them this past week or so he said all the right things like they had a great atmosphere of winning, but he cant really believe that.

I know he is working out for the Nets soon and even that would be a better fit for him. Word is he looks really good. not as fast as before but a much better point guard now. I hope the rox try to get him. that would give us picks 1 and 2 from the draft where we got yao. plus i think we can limit his minutes in houston as he continues to rebuild strength in the leg. plus this team is weak enough in the backcourt that he might potentially see himself being able to win the starting PG spot unlike in NJ.

11. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

since we are talking about free agents, what about Nene. The guy is only 23 and he is just about to turn into an absolute monster

12. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

nene would be AWESOME for us. and he might come a little cheaper coming off his injury... he could play 4 or 5. i am on board

13. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

How is everyone so sure about that? He's coming off a huge knee injury (very bad news for a big man) and has yet to put up big numbers. Just because he looks a wolf, doesn't mean he is one.