1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[F-ck Marriage News] Swiss Court Awards Wife $4.5 billion Settlement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 21, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Excellent post.

It's completely laughable that anyone would come close to inferring being a housewife is more difficult than becoming a millionaire. This doesn't mean the lady (or man) didn't do anything, just means they did much less. Anyone who disagrees either has an agenda or is completely ignorant about life. Some people risk a life sentence over for $100.. but being a housewife is harder to than becoming a millionaire. Get real.

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

It's really quite simple: once you're married, every single dime from every single paycheck that is brought into the house, regardless of who earns it, belongs to the family. Not to her, not to him, but to the FAMILY. The paycheck is no longer YOUR paycheck: it's for the FAMILY. When the family splits, the money splits. Period. If you can't understand or accept that, then you should never be married.

1 person likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Sure.... until they win the lottery.

They'll only work again if they get extremely extremely bored.

4. dback816

dback816 Member

You would keep flippin' dem burgers if a decent looking millionaire woman asked you to marry her?

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

Could he marry her, then file for divorce and expect to be compensated half her fortune for giving up his career as a fry cook to be with her...?

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I'm not a girl, and you're still That Guy who creates ****ty hangout threads.

It's common sense that the more years you're with a woman, the less chances she has. Whereas as a man, me getting divorced doesn't mean I can't still pick up women and make something out of my life.

Old maids get the bottom of the barrel while old men shoot fish in a barrel.

Does that mean there won't be occasions when a woman will use everything like her children to suck the life out of her ex?

No. It means to be smart about it and wrap it up if you aren't ready for the consequences.

7. dback816

dback816 Member

I don't know, can he?

Maybe he should ask his father and grandfather. It's not like his mom and grandma had the power to make those laws back then.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

As previously mentioned, I'm too much of a man to allow someone to take of me. If we did get married, I'd sign a prenup without being asked.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

They're that archaic, huh...?

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

my condolences. I don't agree with basic context of your post before but I can certainly understand why you would think that. Divorce courts arent too friendly on fathers in general, even the ones who are better than the mother at raising their kids.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Okay, my bad. The bolded made you sound like a woman.

Since you don't claim to be one... thanks for continuing to show your hurt-buttness.
    Most of my threads generate legit convo. Since you obviously can't handle it, enjoy the d*** in your a**.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Yeah, that was a typo.

lol, always thinking I'm butt hurt when you're swearing off the bat.

Keep it fresh and keep up the good work, breh.

#92 Invisible Fan, May 22, 2014
    Last edited: May 22, 2014
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

My money played part in it, but you definitely were responsible for the big share, so I'd say we split around 70-30.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This x1000. People act as if the wife made huge commitments and is suddenly left on the streets. She's the one that filed for divorce and in the past even declined a prenup, she's the opposite of hurt or innocent and made a huge benefit. She dumped on all the moral high grounds in this thread, yet people are defending her and don't care about the husband, who didn't want a divorce. Really no logic in pleading for her in this case.

And again, saying being a housewife is as hard as becoming a billionaire or small talk with guests leading to all his business deals and significantly contributing to his wealth is laughable, I don't know if the guys wives are sitting next to them when they make these posts.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And ps who says she wouldn't have left him if his business went bankrupt. Her actions don't indicate anything about going through thick and thin. You guys have no base for this but act as if she would have had no problem if they ended up living on welfare and food stamps for the rest of their lives. Stop automatically making her the good half of this marriage just because she is female and he's rich.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

That's the thing I want to point out in this debate that alot posters are ignoring. Whether becoming a billionaire or millionaire is hard work or easy to accomplish is irrelevant, while your family and personal relationships are also irrelevant unless they are a part of venture. If your siblings/other family members are your partners, co-founders, or creators...they would definitely be entitled to a stake in a company.

My comments may offend a few people, but there's nothing unique about a housewife/husband or a stay at home parent. It's not unique, because it's something you choose to do, most adults in the world, raise children and it doesn't yield an income unless you are a caretaker for other individuals or their children. No one pays you to be a father or a mother, or a legal guardian.

Though luck and timing is involved, everyone doesn't possess the skills, circumstances, or ideas to become billionaire/millionaire. But when it does happen who gets paid in the process. The originator(s), creator(s), or the people who operate the business or organization, usually. If we are talking millions and billions... then it's safe to assume such a business is influential

If I were to marry a famous person for 11 years, suddenly filed for divorce. Realistically speaking, I didn't help that person acquire skills or get famous. I may have taken care of his children, but should I take his wealth, if it doesn't work out. In a vice versa situation, I would want to end the relationship as soon as possible, because such a man would legally be entitled to my wealth. See: Anita Baker or anyone married to aging Elizabeth Taylor and Liza Minnelli.

It's a similar argument people make about athletes and movie stars making too much money... those people don't understand economics. You can't make more than a system can bare, while the performers are the brand or product being sold. In this case, the husband's business (Rybolovlev) is a brand and an influential source of a community. Because, several are operated or ran day to day by a wife, the children, or siblings...it almost makes too much sense.

In this particular case, it's a miser vs. a gold-digger...he's hiding everything and she wants everything...4.5 billion and 129k per month in child support.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Thank you!!!

And for everyone so strung out on the fact she raised his kids, guess what.... SHE WAS RAISING HER KIDS TOO!

1 person likes this.
  18. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

How about the opposite scenario? A person gets married, goes into a business venture, becomes heavily in debt to the tune of $5 million (very bad business decision). His wife decides to leave him. Does that mean she has to split the debt as well, and take a burden of $500,000?

somebody in may this thread and other said through thick and thin. How about when the person is a billionaire, and the person is completely bankrupt? Should the wife share in the latter too?

(ps I'm quite neutral in this regard, just curious to see what people think)

19. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

^^ My mistake, I meant to type $2.5 million instead of $500,000.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

What a stupid suggestion.

Are you in favor of the rule "whoever files for divorce gets $0" or is just if the woman does?

Marriages fail for all kinds of reasons and a stupid rule like the one you are proposing would incentive men (or if you use my stupid rule just any partner) to make life miserable for the other until they file.