1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[F-ck Marriage News] Swiss Court Awards Wife $4.5 billion Settlement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 21, 2014.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

But she will also b**** and complain about why you never call her or how you don't have time for or some other stupid crap.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

No where close to offended. Seems like you're the only one in a huff.

I just happen to think your position is misguided and somewhat immature in it's depth. My guess is you are young and have never been married.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

thats why its so much sweeter when she's good to you :grin:

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Where did I say anything about offending you? And saying things I see as the truth and that are shared by a lot of people means I'm in a huff?

Like I said, lots of people that know they earn a lot more money than their counterpart want a prenup, tell me what's immature about it. You being older and married doesn't mean your economical views are wiser.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

I believe that everything a GOOD wife does contributes to their success as a family, just as I believe everything a GOOD husband equally contributes to their success. Now while it might not seem fair that she gets 50% of the family wealth that was earned while being married, what WOULD be a fair number? 25%? 33%? How do you deem someone's value in a marriage? Every single moment of their lives together was shared equally, so any lawyer would argue that whatever was earned during that time together should be shared equally as well.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

you're my hero. great post.

7. BamBam

BamBam Member

The entire thread is about splitting what was earned during a marriage. Having friends that WANT a prenup indicates that they are not married yet. I can understand not wanting to be scammed by a gold digger and protecting the wealth that you have already acquired, and up to a certain extent there is nothing wrong with that, but If you don't trust her from the get go, it's best not to marry her!

Regardless of what anybody says, it's your life, and if you want separate bank accounts where you have your money and she has her money, be sure to put it in your prenup! That's not how I view a marriage, but different strokes for different folks! Good Luck.

I also agree with Dubious, marriage is for a lifetime, or what's the point of getting married?

#47 BamBam, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

His post doesn't make any sense as a reply to me saying a 50/50 split is unfair when one person earned 99.99%. I nowhere stated I'm against a lifelong partnership.

You guys fail to see that she failed for divorce and actually declined signing a pre up several times. It's obvious she always saw this opportunity.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

The whole taking care of him if he was an invalid argument is weak. If he ended up an invalid, or even senile with dementia or whatever, no court would stop her from walking away.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I didn't say anything about friends wanting a pre up for future marriages, I was talking about the thousands of people that actually sign one every year.

Yes, marriage should be for a lifetime. Do you guys realize that his wife filed for divorce and therefore is the one that didn't follow the concept? And how does that make her entitled to half of his money?

I think some of you don't understand the whole point of the argument.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

That's how the cookie crumbles. If he didn't want a potential wife to be able to share in his earnings he shouldn't have had a wife without a prenup.

Regardless of whether he COULD have been a billionaire without her, he wasn't. He was a billionaire with her. That's how marriage works bud. It's a we thing not an I thing.

Easy way to avoid it. Don't get married.

12. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

And withhold the panties to get her way.

The woman shouldn't be left high and dry... 25-33% sounds fair. Fact is, it's much easier to be a house wife than a guy who makes millions.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Being the real person I am, if I ever met a woman who had more and made more money than me, she wouldn't even have to ask me to sign a prenup.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You can't discredit what a house wife does though, that is a really hard job with more responsibility then any other job on the planet. There is a lot of luck involved in becoming a millionaire plus a ton of hard work if it's genuinely earned and not given, but to say one is harder than the other is not true.

As far as a woman getting half, I think if the husband is unfaithful take him for what he's worth but same goes for the woman if she does she gets nothing. If your wealth is made while being married then she gets half period it's a partnership not one valued more than the other.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

That being said, with this chick, I don't know how much of a house wife she is and if she filed for a divorce just because she's unhappy I don't feel she's entitled to a full half. Maybe 1/3 maybe,if she's the one who decided to leave

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

I'm glad there are some people in here with some sense. I hate gold digging as much as anyone else but if she was there when he was broke, she's earned everything along the way. I make a lot more than my wife but I wouldn't be where I am today without her. I have absolutely no qualms splitting it down the middle with her if we ended up divorce.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

My reply would be to step back from there and say just because he made all the money, he's entitled to be a billionaire for the rest of his life? He worked hard, I'm sure, but there's nothing unusual about that -- most people work hard. Working hard doesn't make people rich. He's probably smart. His wife is probably smart too, and there's lots of smart people who don't get rich. Mostly, he got rich by taking on and being compensated for risk and by being lucky. Well, all the risk he took on his wife took on too. If his businesses failed and he went broke, his wife would be broke too. So, if she's taking the same risk as him, why not be compensated for the risk just as he was? As for being lucky, neither he nor his wife deserve being lucky, but one doesn't deserve it any less than the other. If he can be lucky in amassing a fertilizer fortune, why can't she be lucky in marrying and then divorcing the fertilizer king?

While you're busy crying about the outsized rewards this chick is getting from the fertilizer king, the fertilizer king is making abnormal profits off of you and me, priced into the cost of foodstuff commodities. Why is it fair for him to profit so extravagantly in business by exploiting an inefficiency in the market that the rest of humanity ends up paying him for, but a wife sharing in the outsized profit is an injustice?

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The person that earned the money by working absolutely is entitled to it, what a question. :confused:

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

So then in your argument, she gets none of the money because she wasn't involved in the company? It's for better or worse. If he got rich, she shares in that. If his business failed and and they go bankrupt, quess what, she share in that too.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It all comes down to a capitalistic mindset that requires a dollar amount be attached to EVERYTHING

Rocket River