1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[F-ck Marriage News] Swiss Court Awards Wife $4.5 billion Settlement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 21, 2014.

1. Bäumer

Bäumer Member

She filed. She shouldn't get this much money. She bought low and sold high.

Listen to the genius.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2VX4dy9MClQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z735y0m7Q4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. conquistador#11

from 79th richest man to 147th! he poor now!

3. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Women are entitled to something in these situations, but not half... sometimes they even get more than half. Not fair, but that's life. One of women's biggest complaint is guys don't want to commit. Don't blame him, blame the court system.

4. Dubious

Dubious Member

Women are entitled what they are entitled to under the law.

But you guys seem to have some strange ideas about marriage; like your wife is just your f***toy, housekeeper and baby sitter. I guess that goes along with the idea that your money is your validation. Enough money is important because it solves problems but it is your emotional commitments that define the value of your life.

1 person likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

I truly believe that any marriage is a partnership and one spouse can't make a fortune without the other carrying significant burdens. (Assuming it's not some show marriage where she is just his playtoy type deal)

I think people have a really warped sense of what a marriage is and I think people, in their selfish nature, tend to think they do all the hard work no matter the circumstances.

The list of shared responsibilities in a marriage isn't measurable.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

What's your thoughts about the amount of taxes you pay?

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

27 years ago isn't like today and it's 27 years of her life put into this marriage.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

lol @ a billionaire "doing their own laundry."

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Member

They were married for 21 years, since their days in college. Maybe he wouldn't have earned that money without her at his side, supporting him every step of the way. They made it together, they split it. Seems totally fair to me.

When you're married, pretty much nothing is "yours" anymore. It's all "ours".

10. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yup, also to add, if he failed in his businesses, she shares in that too. she started at the bottom with him, and now they're here, now they're here. I am the sole bread earner in the family, but what my wife does at home (managing the household, raising our son) is equally if not more important than what I do at work. no issues at all with the woman receiving half in this case.

11. BamBam

BamBam Member

That's how I view it! If you're not ready to commit and share everything in your life with someone, then it's best not to get married! Either you're not ready or she's not the one! If the fortune was made while they are married, then it's their money, no matter which one earned the most during that time.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

A woman's prime generally flies between 18-34.

Afterwards, it's harder to marry or re-marry (age, previous kids, stacked market,etc...).

If you can find someone to marry who will sign a pre-nup, all the more power to you. Or you don't have to marry at all...

More and more women are becoming more successful and end up spporting deadbeats, so it turns out that they are the ones who doesn't want to marry.

That is, they start thinking when they turn 30. That part even separates us from men since money isn't the endall reason (or at least the most vocal) for them...

So I'd say men have it great these days. You get away with free milk, lack of commitment or even drive to succeed/earn money, and even the pressure to perform things you see online...

If there is something to complain about, it's when a man complains he has a raw deal instead of doing something about it.

#32 Invisible Fan, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  13. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

Best advice for you:

You should never get married.​

If you do:

Let us know how it goes...​

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

I see this as fair. The people who say "F-ck marriage" are the ones who can't keep someone else happy or can't be happy with themselves. :eek: OOPS.

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for being the voice of reason.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

Oh snap, you're a girl!!! Apologies for anything I've said that was offensive.. and good post, especially the last part. I always hear women saying guys have no goals. Never understood how a man could have no drive. We're supposed to be the bread-winners. I couldn't live with myself having a woman (or anyone) taking care of me.

Don't even live together.

#commonlaw

17. Houstunna

Houstunna Mr Graphix
    Supporting Member

It's different when one person has boocoo bank. My own mother told me don't get married.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yeah if that boocoo was made BEFORE the marriage. but in this instance, it was made during the marriage. I'll put it in your terms.

You know, there's a lot of guys who see hookers on a regular basis that always talk about GFE (girlfriend experience). It's funny isnt it? According to these reviews, some woman will suck you and let you do whatever for $100, but if she won't kiss you and pay attention to you, it ain't as good as someone who will just give you a handy but will make eye contact and kiss you afterwards.

Simply put, most humans need that emotional touch as well as the physical touch. Someone you marry will give you that. A hooker you paid wont

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Really logical statement to make after my comments...
    So every man that wants a prenup is a jackazz that shouldn't marry anyone?
    I'm all for sharing and living together with one partner for the rest of your life. But if you earned 99% of the money in the household and the wife files for divorce, she should never be entitled to 50%, that number is not logical anyhow.

Ridiculous how some of you are offended and make these stupid remarks about someone who is pragmatic and sees it like it is.

And if you really believe these guys wouldn't be billionaires of it weren't for their wives, you are naive and living un a dreamworld.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wanting a fair split based on actual earning means she's a f***toy to me? Yea, applaud him for being such a "voice of reason".