1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[F-ck Marriage News] Swiss Court Awards Wife $4.5 billion Settlement

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, May 21, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jesus Christ! On my way to Switzerland to comfort this newly single 47 year old cougar.

#1 percicles, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Mom and her billions, or daughter and her millions...

[​IMG]

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

He should have married Umfufu.
    [​IMG]

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Never understood why women are entitled to ~50% of the man's wealth after a divorce. He earned it and should keep it, being married to him for some time doesn't mean you are automatically entitled to continue living the same lifestyle.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

In all fairness, this guy married his wife back in the late 1980's when they were students at university and both had nothing. He made his whole fortune after this. I think the wife should be entitled to something. She isn't some gold digger as people might like to assume.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Didn't know that, but still doesn't change my point. He made all the money, just because she was married to him means she is entitled to be a billionaire for the rest of her life?

It's ridiculous, the law is acting as if these divorced women would live in shambles and be on suicide watch without all these millions and billions of $.

You filed for divorce, so start a new and somewhat normal lie.

7. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Wow, just the kind of crap even a fertilizer king would hate.

1 person likes this.
  8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Ay-dee!

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If instead of becoming an oligarch the guy broke his neck and needed to be fed and wiped everyday, should the wife just walk away because she didn't break her neck?

Marriage is committing to a lifetime partnership. If you don't believe that, don't get married.

1 person likes this.
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Just curious. The majority if not all of the money was acquired when they were still together (married), was the money theirs, or was the money his? Rregardless, I for one don't feel sorry for either one of them, retaining 4.5billion is an obscene amount of money!

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

His, as long as she didn't give up her job/ambitions because of the marriage. But even then, it was her choice.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What is your point or how is that a reply to my money earning statement? :confused:

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

In sickness and in health.

Or should have signed a prenup.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I fully support that, but how is that a reply to me saying she's not entitled receive billions of dollars after the divorce?
    In sickness and in health + lifetime partnership doesn't really lead to "get half of his money" in my opinion. If she filed for divorce, isn't she the one that took a dump on this notion and shouldn't be entitled to anything now?

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wonder, did this wife ever help the husband? When he was sick did she ever care for him? When he was stressed out about something that he needed to do to make all that money, did the wife ever help him? Did he ever get her counsel? Did she ever host a dinner party to help his career? Did he ever take her to a business dinner where she was expected to help other wives feel comfortable before a deal could be closed? Did she help manage his money? Did she help deal with his laundry?

There are kinds of things that a billionaire's wife is doing that contributes significantly to his success.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You truly believe his wife contributed to his billions by hosting dinner, making him tea when he's ill, saying nice things and doing laundry? That had to be some pretty huge dinner parties to help him becoming a billionaire.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

That guy got robbed. This court is corrupt.

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Fair enough! Just make sure that's in your prenup, even if your net worth is only $1, or you'll take the risk of losing half and being left with .50 cents!... (If you get married/divorced)

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They made the money together so I have no problems with this.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I give him much credit . . . . .
    Cause a lot of folx would be contacting the Russian Mob for some . . .*ahem* .. help with this situation for much less than 4.7 billion dollars.

it ain't tricking if you got it
    he losing that much means he can afford it without losing his mind
    at that money level you can say . . . .. well . . its only money

Rocket River