1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Explanation of Yao's ejection and Fouls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by battousai, Dec 3, 2007.

1. battousai

battousai Member

I could only think of one reason why Yao got unfair fouls along with an ejection vs Kings.

Las Vegas!!! Someone had some bets in that game. Yao was playing great in the first half, and that ref(s) need to secure a win for the kings, so fouling out YAo in the second half the only way to go.

Stern said it himself Refs do gamble and now it is ok.

I'm waiting for Rockets as a team to do something about this. This is the only time i wish we have an owner like mark cuban. That freakin dude sent a tape to stern on a point miss counted toward the scoreboard. (by the way, it didn't change the result of the game, but heck he still did it). It will pay dividend toward the team in the playoffs, because they get respect.

2. battousai

battousai Member

David stern

nba@fans.nba.com

David Stern
    212 407-8000

Let the NBA know if you are upset.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The fouls he got called for were either legit or borderline. And he was on the road.

Yao needs to quit worrying about the refs and just focus on the game. Every time he gets whistled, he's doing a Tim Duncan impersonation now.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I agree. It's good for Yao to get a little upset, but there's a fine line between "not being run over for being too nice" and being a whiner. And somehow he's slowly turned into the latter.

Then again, the guys who whine the most but are still "nice guys" seem to get more calls and get less T's cause the refs are used to it.

I'm doing this thread a disservice by replying to it.. because it's dumb (and old) to say it's about gambling. But durvasa made a good point ;)

5. gout100

gout100 Member

So did you gamble too? :confused:

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Your dislike for Yao is so obvious. First you try to compare his accidental elbow to Marion as equal to Kobe's intentional blow to Manu. Forget the fact that Yao is one of the nicest guys in the league and Kobe is one of the dirtiest. And now when Yao has been one of the worst officiated players in the league and is only recently starting to fight back and you want to call him a whiner. Would you like to come out of the closet now and admit you are a Yao hater.

P.S. We won't even talk about dumb threads. But at least his error is on the side of the Rockets and that is always forgivable on this board.

#6 Old Man Rock, Dec 3, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Hakeem used to foul out all of the time.

8. battousai

battousai Member

this is bull, don't tell me you think Yao's fouls were all legit.

Maybe the last one, but there were clearly few of them were questionable to say the least.

gamble is old news? man what are you the NBA spoke person and wish to put this behind us? it's here and it will be an on going issue within NBA.

let me how u feel if this happens to rockets in the playoffs.

9. XtraP79

XtraP79 Member

Your're Matt Bullard;)

10. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This must be the most horrible and almost stupid post ever on this forum! :p

11. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It isn't horrible at all. This NBA thing is a business first and gambling has been apart of this business for a long time. Tim donaghy wasn't the worst crooked Referee in the bunch, he is just a simple fall guy very low on the pole who took the blame for the many other crooks who have been fixing games for years.Plus we were playing the kings who have gambling owners who are big in las vegas and with out a doubt had their hand in this ball game especially considering the beef with adelman and the hate that they have towards him because he coaches now a Team that they once own and to get back at him because adelman refused to allow the rockets to stay at the Palms hotel during the summer league games.

The maloofs are known sleezy gambling crooks who definitely had their hands all in that ball game.

Bennett Salvatore and Joe crawford are way more crooked than little Tim Donaghy. The NBA is worst than wrestling

12. kaleidosky

riiight, a Yao hater. not even close. Just cause I'm not a nonstop 300% homer doesn't mean I'm a hater.

You're taking my Yao elbow thread and trying to say I said it was intentional. My point (noted 3 times or so in that thread) was that I thought Kobe's was unintentional. (And no, Kobe is not "one of the dirtiest"...I definitely don't like the guy as a person, but I don't think he's one of the dirtiest players.) And that's why I compared it to Yao's.. I thought both were unintentional but didn't seem like they were coming down in a normal direction. (Yes, Kobe's was a flail much further out, I know)

Yao has been horribly officiated. Shaq has been too for years. It comes with the territory, and it's great that they're try to do something about it. But whining about every call on the court isn't the place for it. Mostly because he has started to whine after a LOT of calls--some justified, some not.

I don't want to see him become known as one of "those guys"...the way we look at Duncan, the way Mario Elie was towards the end of his Rockets days and all through his Spurs days, etc. Not someone who's an ass like Rasheed...but just someone who always says "no way, I didn't do it!"

13. kaleidosky

no, I don't think all his fouls were legit. And I do think he was getting hammered a lot on the other end.

Yeah, basically I'm tired of hearing about the Donaghy (sp?) thing. Whatever. It sucks, and I hope they're dealing with it. But I got more than enough of it in the offseason.. like Bonds..

If this happens in the playoffs, I'll be going ape..clearly. But like I said, I just don't want Yao to be one of those guys who complains after everything--and he's starting to become that way slowly. Sometimes is fine, esp. after the ridiculous stuff. (And I wish he'd say more when he gets hammered while on offense actually. WHEN it happens...as opposed to waiting for frustration to build up after being called for a foul on the defensive end that he thinks wasn't as big as the shot he took and then arguing.)