1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Experience + Pictures] - Courtside at the Mavs Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Okay guys I had some courtside tickets to the Mavs game this past sunday and i thought i would share with you some pictures and stuff that was going on since i was right behind the Mavericks Bench. I will put the pictures in a album online so i don't waste the bandwith of the site for all the pictures i have.

First off i guess i will just say that it was a really fun experience being behind the bench and hearing everything they were talking about and watching Mark Cuban all game and see his reaction to everything.

Cuban was really cool most of the game until we started kick the crap out of the mavericks and then he was just completly restless. He was complaining at the refs the whole game it was really funny to here the things he said. He was whining the whole game as bad as a coach would do all game but the difference was that they listened and talked to Don and just completly ignored Cuban. The funniest time was when he was complaining about a call as usual and John Barry looked at cuban and says everyone on the court (meaning the officials) aren't paid by you and don't play for you with a laugh and smiled...

Another thing thats was interesting was to see that Don Nelson really didn't do any of the coaching in the huddles. Avery Johnson was the one running all the plays during the time outs. You can probably notice that Nelson is looking at the plays Johnson is drawing up. The only time Nelson really got into it was when they were getting their buts kicked and he started yelling at them and cussing and telling them to get into the game then deferred to Johnson to come up with things. Another time right after the time out Marquis Daniels did the exact opposite of what they said as far as defense and he got burned so he immeditley called a time out and started yelling at him and said..."Did you listen to anything in the huddle Boy, becuase you better start listening"

Also Nowitzki hardly paid attention in the huddles he was always watching the big video board and seeing what was happening and laughing and stuff with Pavel Podekzine.

There is one pic i have with Yao where he is waiting during a free throw and he was talking to Del Harris the whole time. He did that a few times actually.

Overall it was a lot of fun to see how everyone handled themselves in the huddle and hearing what everyone had to say during the timeouts etc.

http://www.livesportscafe.com/khalil/DallasGame

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thanks for the pics and info hopefully one of these days i'd be lucky enough to get courtside tix to a rockets game

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I saw this during the game, too. Your picture is hilarious. Picture #14 in order in that link.

Either Shawn Bradley is a zombie, or he gets really really tired having to carry around that 7'7 frame all day/game.

4. regionalwall

regionalwall Contributing Member

Thanks for the re-cap. Should be really fun to have Cuban as the owner though. Did you hear anything that JVG said during the timeouts by chance?

5. Stack24

No because i was behind the Mavericks Bench i would have loved to be behind the Rockets Bench.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yo Stack, you must of went into the future to see this game. You dated it as 5/6/05. :p

But overall, great pics. I see we had a lot of fans at the start of the game. Love that fan support!

:rolleyes:

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Man, Del Harris wants to come after you...

[​IMG]

8. Stack24

lol i just noticed that i don't know why i put 5 in there....and yeah Del Harris was always looking into the crowd during the timeouts it was funny.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

to be expected at games that start at noon on a Sunday.

not everyone is a heathen like us...some folks were probably just geting out of church by then.

10. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

LOL @ StacK!

yeah what were you yelling?

J

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He made that same look at me when I called him Frank Drebin.

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What about Phil Donahue?

I envy the people who get to sit courtside. :(

13. droxford

droxford Member

Damn, Khalil - you had some GREAT seats! You need to bring me with you next time, old buddy, old pal.

-- droxford

14. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

No pics of the Powerdancers? :(

15. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

there are PD pics or pic

Stack, dude, how do you get all these great seats! That's awesome!

16. Stack24

Amazingly the Power dancers only performed one time during the game. They were also sitting opposite me so i couldn't get a good shot of them. The only one i was able to snap is that one when they were going into the tunnel. But everyone was trying to get shirts and stuff so it was making it hard for me to get pics. Trust me i was dissapointed but this one had a nice view of at least one dance =)

[​IMG]

17. Stack24

A lot of it is luck and knowing people i guess. I have a mini package plan for myself but most of the suites i have gotten were through a friends aunt that we both go to. The other Suite tickets i have had for the Last Dallas game and the Lakers game was through liquor companies that we do business with so they take care of us a lot. These tickets i went with a friend from Dallas. She has a bond for Courtside season ticket for the mavs game and i told her to see what she could do for this game so basically she traded in 2 of her tickets with the ticket agency she has for these. Basically got the tickets for only 100 a piece.

18. fya

fya Member

Dirk looks pissed

haha

[​IMG]

19. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

Thanks Stack24 for the awesome pics!

Is Pavel Podkolzin really 7'5"? :confused: He looks just 7'2" when standing besides Dirk. :confused:

[​IMG]

20. Stack24

Didn't look 7 ' 5" at all when he was standing next to Drink he did have some bulk on him though.