1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations for Green's second year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Lamelo at 20 years old, also averages 20, 6.7, 7.5

Rocketeer likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be thrilled at 20/4/4 on like 56% TS. Would love to see him get stronger and get those FTA from 3 to like 5. Just incremental improvement is all I want to see.

Would also like to see him take over some more games down the stretch, like the Laker game especially. But that also depends on teammates/coaching. Not pleased with the Silas comment about FGA recently lol.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I want him taking 18-20 shots a game.
    Handling the ball more than we have seen and a different system in the half court.

He will score 21 with 4apg and 4rpg.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I expect (or maybe want) better defense. I don't expect all-world type of stuff but at least be decent enough where his 20-24 points a night isn't negated by whoever he's guarding.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

True, I think LaMelo really benefited from playing overseas and he's more of a natural playmaker. Jalen will get there, I have no doubts but more in the scorers role, facilitator second role.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Let's tap the brakes a bit.

He 1st has to show he can be the guy team's game plan for and still be able to get those numbers at that efficiency.

I don't know why people have to proclaim things at this point good or bad, but I do know he has not shown he is ready to be an elite scorer.

I like what I am seeing but elite he is not.

Yet.

8. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Oh please. Green is a baby GOAT.

736C443A-7230-4A00-B8DD-2A83A03527B5.gif

i3artow i3aller, Tfor3 and jiggyfly like this.
  9. conquistador#11

10. mightybosstone

I came in here to say 22/4/4 as well. More effort put into making plays for others and getting better defensively, especially off ball—that's more what I'm looking for. I think a big wild card in this is who the Rockets keep and move in the offseason. If Wood is still here, that takes the ball out of Jalen's hands more than most (OK, all) of us would like. If he's gone, I think 22 points might actually be on the low end of his potential next year. Stone and Silas really need to prioritize Green having the ball more next season, though.

i3artow i3aller and Reeko like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You mean he isn't the next KG/Duncan hybrid that is Mobley?

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF. are you even talking about?

If somebody said Mobley was a KG/Duncan hybrid, I would laugh in their face and never take anything they said seriously again.

What did I say that got your panties in a bunch?

Green has not proven he is an elite scorer yet?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

14. thekad

thekad Member

I want to see his free throw rate jump above .3.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You’re a low key JG detractor. Own it.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now It's detracting to say he has not shown to be an elite scorer?

Really?

17. fchowd0311

Nah just noticed a trend that you typically ignore absurd takes when it comes to Mobley (there have definitely been posters here who have made that claim about him) here but when someone might be a little enthusiastic with Green, you have to keep them in check.

It's fine. I just notice that trend. You seem to really like policing overly positive takes for Green relative to other rookies in this draft class. It's weird but it's fine. Just expressing a pattern I've noticed.

Tfor3 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. fchowd0311

I don't think he's going purely off that single post. He's just noticing a trend. You never spontaneously praise Green. 95% of your comments on Green are in the realm of keeping enthusiastic fans in check about him. Which is fine.

Tfor3 and i3artow i3aller like this.
  19. Rockets4Life13

That was cXbby's evaluation of Mobley

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What positive absurd take did anybody make about Mobley?

The only absurd takes about him were in the negative, and I certainly did not ignore those.

This place is all about policing different takes, it's what makes for discussion.

So you feel some kind of way about my policing when you are policing my take currently.

Makes total sense.

I can't believe you feel some kind of way just because I said tap the brakes on calling him an elite scorer, right now.

I don't spontaneously praise anybody, not Green not Mobley or any other young player, way to create a straw man.

I have said positives things about Green going back to the beginning of the year, and the only things I push back on is calling Green the next Kobe or saying he is elite at anything.

If it was so fine, then why did you feel the need to post about it in the 1st place?