1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Expectations and Instant Gratification

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well, I had an idea that TMAC would miss some games with his back. I think he'll miss around 10 games a year with his back for the rest of his career.

I did not think Yao would get hurt this year, and he actually didn't have the toe or foot problems, it was an accidental injury that occured, not something that could have been foreseen, so I don't think Yao's injury this year counts to him being "injury prone." It wasn't a stress, or playing style type of injury, or something recurring like TMAC's back. It was a dude clipping him in the knee.

So, this team will win 50+ games which is big, but probably could have won 4-6 more without Yao going down for an extended period...so the Rockets could have been right near the top with San Antonio.

One good thing I think is that Yao will have not played a full season, but has played enough lately to get back into game shape...so he should be really fresh and hitting his stride for this playoff push.

Also, I kind of feel like TMAC has been saving his explosiveness for the playoffs, so you could see a resurgent TMAC in a week or so.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Whew! I'm really relieved to discover that this thread is, in fact, about Rocket basketball. I thought it would be but I couldn't help but entertain the other possibilities that the thread title allows - especially since the first time I read it I somehow saw 'self' in place of 'instant'. Shows you where my mind is at.

3. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

LMAO! Why don't you just say what's own your mind, Old Man Rock. You hate Van Gundy and think he has done a terrible job.

Can we at least wait 'till the playoffs are over to call the JVG test a failure? :rolleyes:

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Dude.. I didn't have to read that until you quoted it! LOL

5. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

When did he actually say that? I do not recall Jeff ever saying those exact words. Your interpretation of that generic quote is the perfect example of reaching.