1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exhaustive report: The poorer the neighborhood, higher the likelihood of pedestrian fatalities (than

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da1, Aug 12, 2014.

1. bongman

bongman Member

2. Brad

Brad Member

Maybe because suburban whites aren't killing each other over a pair of Jordan's

3. Buck Turgidson

Most notably, their residents are at greater risk since they are more likely to be out walking

Brilliant!

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There's a cultural difference that seems to run rampid in poorer neighborhoods than in any other neighborhood. "Pedestrians" seem to believe they own the roads in their so called hood. People seem to think a dump truck barreling down the street will see them everytime and have enough time to brake and swerve out of the way for them when all they had to do was hop over to the curb to prevent any bad that could come of it. they probably won't add that variable in that 'exhaustive report' of theirs. Its truly sad... You play with fire long enough, eventually you get burned.

5. da1

da1 Member

Nice feedback

08-12-2014 06:50 PM
    Looks like you picked the wrong damn city to live in. Sorry, we love our cars here.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Mixed emotions. When you walk like this across the street you are bound to get hit by somebody. Doesn't stop me from doing it though.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uffcQznVoIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I would be surprised if pedestrian accidents of all kinds weren't going up astronomically because everybody out there walking is looking down at their phone. I see people everywhere running into signs and trashcans, and tripping over curbs. I had a girl at City Center almost run into the side of my car yesterday because she walked into the street looking down at her phone. My car is 4,000 lbs. of steel and will crush you like a bug, you probably should be looking out for your own safety. It's a "walkable development" but that's still a street with cars on it.

I wonder how many times a day someone texting while they drive, runs over someone texting while they walk?

#27 Dubious, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  8. da1

da1 Member

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

another alter ego . . .
    . . . . I recognize you

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What about Suburban Blacks? Suburban hispanics? Suburban Asians?
    What about non-Suburban Blacks? non-Suburban hispanics? non-Suburban Asians? Non-Suburban Wites?

Rocket River

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Well, there is this....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r58_bRZLeLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't hate the player... hate the dougie.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not sure why this is some big revelation or why it needed a study.

I have to wonder if any of you guys have ever driven through a really, truly poor area. The street is where people hang out. And they don't hurry to get out of the way of cars because it's the cars in the street that isn't the norm.