1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Executive VP of Football Operations Jack Easterby is on a very long-term contract

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

GUYS! GUYS! Look at these 3+-month old posts I saved in my BURN folder - you know, before the season ended & the team made questionable hires & alienated their franchise QB! DOESN'T IT MAKE THEM (AND CERTAINLY NOT ME) LOOK LIKE LOSERS?!?! BECAUSE I SAVED THEM! OR, SPENT SEVERAL HOURS SEARCHING AND FINDING THEM ON A WEEKEND. LOSERS, AMIRITE?!

Mr.Scarface likes this.
  2. Hey Now!

I'm right here; you can ask....

That post is nearly four months old. At the time, I was willing to wait and see how effectively they filled two obviously critical - and *open* - positions before getting upset about it. As dysfunctional as they may have been - even then - two good hires would have fixed a lot of this. I guess that makes me a cheerleader (even those most of my posts are... fairly benign)? Like, we'd all be upset if they had hired Khan and... Bieniemy?...

And as @sealclubber1016 notes, no one saw it getting *this* bad - these receipt-carriers I'm sure have their own receipts about how this ownership group was going to drive Watson out of here by the end of 2020?....

Nimo likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

My post had more to do how I feel about Mr Scarface than the other things you posted. It wasn't about your take as much as it was typing those words, "I'm with...". My mouse would have come alive and run away before I could click on "post reply" LOL

Everyone gets stuff wrong and bringing up receipts is fun and reminder that we are not perfect and should embrace that. For me, I didn't like Jack and I didn't want Nick but I couldn't have predicted it would have ended the way it did. BTW I still blame BOB. Easterby wouldn't have been here if not for him IMO. Can we fire him again?

P.S. Mr Scarface, I have you on ignore so please don't bother responding. I won't see it.

Ottomaton and Hey Now! like this.
  4. Hey Now!

I mean... it was nearly four months ago; BOB was gone and Easterby was looking like a convenient boogeyman - it all felt like a lot of wasted anger & energy. Who knew?...

I will standby my posts because, honestly? They're mostly benign. My sin seems to be preaching.... patience. THE HORROR! Otherwise, I don't know if thinking hiring competent people to fill two critical positions (which could, by extension, marginalize Easterby) is "wrong" - it seems fairly obvious from reports that going... practically any other way and we're talking about a *vastly* different - and better - offseason. Wow. What a cheerleader I am.

And, again... not a single one of these posters had *any* idea this situation was going to be *this* bad. They can stomp their feet about how right they were about Easterby!!!! But every single one of us assumed our absolute *worst-case* scenario was watching Deshaun Watson be awesome for several years on a terrible team.

Those were such innocent times....

primtim24 likes this.
  5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I wish the very worst for this scumbag

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who knew?! Who knew Jack wouldn’t just “quietly fade away back into the background”, “back into his old role.” Who knew?! Who could have seen this coming?! Some knew. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I still can't believe we are gonna loose Watson over this. We waited 20 ****ing years for a superstar quarterback and now he's gone because the owner is dumb enough to be swindled by a couple of snake oil salesmen. Mind boggling.

For awhile I wanted Cal to play hardball and not trade him, but nothing is gonna change.

Go ahead and sit out, do whatever you have to do to save your career.

#127 T for 3, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    joshuaao, mug, Astrodome and 4 others like this.
  8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Ouch. To be fair, what I said was in October and I stated here that my mind fully changed after Dre came out and said what he said. It was hard not to think that OB was the master puppeteer, but clearly Jack found his way into Cal, Hannah, and Janice's hearts likely over many evening dinners in their homes.

Hey Now! and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. Hey Now!

Right? And I'm sure it's just a coincidence this is the only post of mine in this thread that wasn't quoted (emphasis mine):
    Apparently, waiting to see how the team filled its general manager and head coach position - which, as I understand it, are both important - makes you a cheerleader.

And, BTW, if the Texans had done this, likely leading to Easterby's exit (and paying off being patient), I can promise you, I would not have spent an afternoon blasting months old posts for internet points. Because I'm not a ****ing loser.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Apparently the only person who can be excused for not possessing the appropriate level of clairvoyance is ... Deshaun Watson when he signed his extension.

Hey Now! and Ottomaton like this.