1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Executive VP of Football Operations Jack Easterby is on a very long-term contract

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Oct 5, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

nuclear winter with this ownership group

Nook and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

More rumblings this clone of Littlefinger sinking his claws into Cal as a viable candidate for the GM position. Unless he pulls a miracle out of that religious butthole of his and makes the team relevant in the next 3 months - I'm off the ark. Noah and I are headed to the strip club to make it rain and see if we can provide a dam for a gusher.

DonnyMost likes this.
  3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Let’s revisit this.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was wrong

God was I wrong. I thought very little of ownership, and somehow still grossly overestimated them.

5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Takes a big dude to say he was wrong and not push forward with false narratives and opine as fact. Respect.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

No surprise, the two biggest cheerleaders of the team. :D

CrazyJoeDavola, stevel, Dgn1 and 10 others like this.
  7. SWTsig

It’s ok man. Sometimes we’re blinded to the things right in front of us.

I’ve been on the forefront of the anti-McNair movement going back damn near 10 yrs. The Texans org is and has never been anything more than an ultra conservative good ol boy patriarchy. It is imbedded in their DNA. It is their only defining character trait. They’re an actual embarrassment to the great city of Houston.

8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

WOW....some heavy receipts in there!!!

But man, when I saw this thread popped up, I thought it was JR posting the rumor that Jack was about to get fired..... Man, I got hype for no reason....

9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It's never been this openly bad. All of their major hires up until this point were very defensible, if unexciting. I expected meh from the Texans, because that's their track record, Safe, boring, good ol boy meh.

Now they had all season to plan things and they hire a 65 year old who nobody even thought enough of to make a coordinator, much less head coach. And lets be honest, they only hired him because they thought a black coach would make Watson happy, but it had to be their "type" of black coach, not one of the actually qualified ones. To compound that, they are gonna pick a preacher with no football qualifications over a young superstar QB.

This whole offseason has been an inexcusable joke, the likes of which has been rarely seen in the entire sports landscape.

pugsly8422 and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. conquistador#11

Virgin Mary on a flour tortilla, looking back at this thread now.
    I didn't think it would be possible to get angrier than the DHOP trade thread. It's like everyone could see what would happen except the usual couple of posters, the owner and pancakes

12. SWTsig

you’re right that it’s never been this openly bad but the underlying current of total ineptitude has always been there. The McNair’s set the culture tone day 1 and that culture was “fall in line w our conservative patriarchy or leave,” disguised to the public as “character.” At no point in their history have they ever prioritized anything other than that. It was only a matter of time before a “culture” like that got exposed.

Verbal Christ and J.R. like this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

"I'm with Mr Scarface here"

How did he not gag and throw up as he typed that.

J.R. likes this.
  14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Savage

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Ok *******, hindsight is 20/20. None of the stuff on Easterby had come out yet. No one had reported how McNair was hypnotized by him.

McNair wasn’t going to fire him anyway.

You are still wrong.

Do you feel better?

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Dgn1, King1 and J.R. like this.
  17. Major

Major Member

The issue is not you having no foresight. It's that you affirmatively (and aggressively) defended someone who you nothing about and had no insight into. And you were, as you always are, completely and repeatedly wrong. You are simply wrong about literally everything. And then you try to defend it and make up a scenario where it's not a big deal and attack everyone who calls you out for all your stupidity. You're basically the Donald Trump of sports.

BigM, Dgn1, SWTsig and 4 others like this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I didn't defend Easterby. I said there was really no one else....and it turns out...there wasn't based on who McNair had in place. Easterby was on his way out.....with any other GM. Most obviously didn't know how deep Easterby had his claws into McNair.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hate to say it but the only way Easterby leaves the team is if he has health issues or his loved ones have health issues similar to Rick Smith having to leave to care for his wife. Otherwise he has a lifetime contract.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We don't need someone that is making decisions for the organization based upon mythology - we need business people and football people.

Get Grimer Wormtongue out of there.

DD

Dgn1 and Verbal Christ like this.