1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Excuses Detected - LeBron's Elbow 'Way Worse' Than Reported?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, May 5, 2010.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL repped :grin:

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You're speaking from experience because it looks like you have a frail body and get injured a lot. Its not LBJ's fault if he's built like a war machine and hasn't dealed with situations like this before.

If you've never had an elbow injury before then there's no reason not to extend your arm, and there's no reason not to fully raise your arms and follow through when you dunk. Lebron has been doing his layup and dunk mechanics his whole life, the memory of those motions are already imbeded in his muscles. Now that his elbow has an injury, its messing with his mechanics and reflexes, what should have been instinctive is hindered by the sensation of pain. He probably already talked with his coaches about how to alter his dunks and layups, however undoing all of years of muscle memory will take some time.

Why don't you look past your hate-colored glasses and check out the facts?

Fact 1:
    1) Lebron has only been quoted as saying "My elbow injury is not an excuse". He actually played in the game y'know? So he IS manning up and NOT making excuses.

Fact 2:
    2) During their loss he put up 24 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists. 24 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists on a bum elbow is not letting your actions speak for you? I think its reasonable to expect a dropoff in production when you are injured, especially when even with the dropoff the production is still pretty good.

Fact 3:
    3) LBJ had 15 ft attempts on their loss, 1 more than the entire Boston starting 5. I already posted it in the LBJ is soft thread but in this game he had better shot attempt/pt ratio than the Big 3. I don't know about you, but for a soft guy he certainly goes to the line a lot.

Considering his ft attempts this game are abnormally high even for him isn't it logical to conclude that LBJ decided his shot was wack with his injury and just decided to go for shots that will result in ft attempts? The result was that even with his injury LBJ had a more efficient game than most of the uninjured players. To me coping with the reality of your situation and making the best of it is a sign of mental toughness, not weakness.

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Dude, this post has bag of sh** written all over it. Lebron hasnt even lost the series yet the media is already looking for scapegoats for the guy. How much you wanna bet we hear Lebron mention his elbow in his postgame interview after yet another disappointing loss. They baby this idiot more than any player in NBA history

4. Mr. Space City

why do you care what the MEDIA thinks?

sounds like your more mad at the media than lebron.

lebron didn't ask for the media to make a big deal out of his elbow. i haven't heard lebron make excuses for himself yet. he's just going out there any playing basketball.

how many times did we hear the media constantly talk about kobe's finger?

overreaction comes with the territory of being one of the best players in the world.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

The LeBron haters sound like a bunch of drama queens.

6. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

I spent about 3 minutes writing up rebuttals for you post.

But I just couldn't finish writing it, your post is just that rediculous.

Honestly, you are joke.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

What's ridiculous about it? The fact is the LBJ had 7 rebs, 4 assists and a more efficient offensive game than Boston's big 3. All this belly aching about him being soft and needing to man up more flies in the fact that his production was better than Pierce, Allen or Garnet during that game they lost.

Why don't you finish your rebuttals first then come back to me so we can see how exactly how ridiculous my claims are.

8. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

What kind of sorcery is in that elbow sleeve Lebron is wearing? It appears to have healed him completely!

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

This, resoundlingly.

lol. should have taken that bet.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn warmshizzle, that Lebron "excuses" James sure put the beatdown on the Boston Celtics, huh?

38 pts on 25 attempts, 8 rebs, 7 assists, as well total lockdown on the 100% healthy, nut-kneeing Paul Pierce (11 pts on 20 attempts).

At the end of the day, I guess the joke's on you :rolleyes:

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never knew that there was so much hate for Lebron...:confused:

It just isn't intelligent to hate an athlete like Lebron, because he has the rare experience of exceeding all expectations, and will do it again. I would never doubt him in ANY way, unless you truly want to look like a fool, like these poor chaps...

This is coming from a guy that is cheering for the Celtics to win it...

12. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Lol. You don't get it do you. What we're saying, is that LeBron isn't really hurt very much, if at all.

I never said he wasn't a good player, or anything like that. I said he needs to stop making excuses for himself and therefore being soft.

By saying "Im not gonna make excuses about my elbow" in an interview, is effectively a subliminal way of making an excuse.
    If he REALLY didn't want to make his elbow an excuse he would've just not said anything about is elbow is that interview, period.

Hence, he is soft.

13. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

*anything about his elbow in that interveiw

14. TheReason

TheReason Member

True, he shouldn't have mentioned his elbow in the interview - it was a little bit of a cop out. But I've never seen anything about LeBron's game that would make me think he's soft. He came out and absolutely dominated the Celtics tonight, regardless of how bad his injury is/was. Doesn't matter what "subliminal" excuse he made, his actions spoke louder than his poorly-chosen words tonight.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why does he need to make an excuse in the first place? Did he somehow cause the Cavs to lose the series because he kept on babying his injury? Even in the game they lost where you guys were accusing him of being soft he was the Cav's best player and had 15 ft attempts. He isn't making excuses because he doesn't need to. And even if he did that doesn't mean he's soft. Tell me the last time a soft player had 15 ft attempts a game? Or been voted the MVP twice? Or has a running record of 31.2 pts, 8.5 rebs and 7.4 assists? Do you even know what soft means? His play and production has been anything but that :rolleyes:

Also what kind of convoluted logic is that? Its not like he went up random strangers and said he's not gonna make excuses, more likely a reporter asked him if his elbow contributed to his poor shooting night after the game and he replied with "I'm not gonna make excuses about my elbow". By your logic if I accuse you of sodomizing little children at night and you deny it, it must mean you're sodomizing children at night because you denied it.

Finally Lebron was indeed hurting during game 2, he wasn't making it up as you keep on inferring. The MRI may have been negative, but he has been diagnosed with a strained elbow and bone bruises. These aren't enough to keep him from playing but I'd assume strained elbows and bone bruises hurt, especially when you don't take shots before games.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/04/lebron_james_diagnosed_with_el.html

Warmshizzle, I don't even know why you keep hating on LBJ so much. Did he do something to you? LOL

16. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Or maybe he is just replying to the question the reporter asked of him? Fact is, there is some sort of issue with his elbow, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him much, if at all, and he said he won't use it as an excuse.

I guess you'd like him to just say his elbow is fine? But then he'd have a bunch of haters coming out of the woodwork after his MRI complaining about how Lebron is lying and hiding his injury. It's a no-win situation with Lebron haters because their arguments are based on emotion, not logic.

It's insane that Lebron has one sub-par game in the playoffs thus far and the haters scurry out of their hiding places like roaches.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I haven't heard him say anything about the elbow other than "It will be fine.,"Its not a big deal" , "Its not an excuse".

The only people I see making a big deal about his elbow are critics like you.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's funny that there has not been any quotes where LeBron has complained about it himself yet people thinks he's lying because he had made an incredible block or he scored 37 last night, 28 which came in the 1st half.

Yet these same people bring up Kobe Bryant saying he plays through injuries but never mentions it. Same people don't think he's faking an injury.

Like I said point to a quote where LeBron has brought up the injury and used it as an excuse.

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Elbow injury or not, I'm still pulling for the Celtics in this series.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

So how he wasnt hurt in game 1, but he was hurt in game 2?
    the injury was before game 1, so why the injury goes away during game 1, and shows up again in game 2.