1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Excuses Detected - LeBron's Elbow 'Way Worse' Than Reported?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, May 5, 2010.

1. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

i cant stand lebron and his mindless followers..

hes nothin more than a front-runner theres not **** wrong woth his elbow

if u seen the highlights of game 2 youd see that chasedown block he had where he got FULL extension on the block WITH HIS RIGHT ARM

theres nothin seriously wrong with lebrick hes just a front-runnin classless bafoon

lebron is ALL flash no substance he cant hold Jordans jock strap

**** he cant even hold Kobes jock strap.. hes a dam choke artist

IMO drama king james cant even hold DWAYNE WADES jock strap!!

f lebron i cant stand that guy

ok im done venting

2. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

man stfu u sound stupid as hell thats shyts not genetic

if ur a man u can handle it but if ur a little pu$$y like knee-back and now queen james u cant handle it

simple as that, no excuses hes a diva plain and simple.. all these lebron nuthuggers will realize someday that lebron aint about nothin but regular season accolades

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought you're done venting...

4. GetRed

GetRed Member

Does it hurt?

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I guess genetics is too strong a word, but what I'm trying to say is pain tolerance varies from people to people, and not everyone has that ability grit their teeth and bear it. You can praise a guy for playing through injury, however I don't think you can blame a guy for not playing through injury, its his health and body not yours. Also LBJ IS playing through it, he's just not as effective because of the pain. I don't know why you need to tell him to man up when he's already manning up :confused:

Most people who are talking about how they'll play with a broken arm or whatever for 20M probably haven't experienced real pain in your lives. Lebron's already a millionaire, when he shoots that ball money is probably the furthest thing from his mind.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

You are not allowed to miss two weeks of work because a strained pinkie.

and why nobody said this after game 1? now that he played bad, they are saying, his elbow was worse than reported?

7. GetRed

GetRed Member

U ride that d*** hard...lol...but the argument people are making is he shouldn't be mentioned with the greats until he wins some rings and plays through this kind of injuries. I'm not a fan of Lebron because he's never been clutch, and that's really is "genetic"..lol..either u have it or u don't

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

lebron has CONSTANTLY said he wont' use his injury as an excuse. and you're gonna let these articles without quotes from lebron himself as FACT?

the guy will play. and it's up to him to adjust.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

What about Smee?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. amaru

amaru Member

this sounds familiar....

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The notable part is what I read from Adrian Wojnarowski's yahoo article
    As respected as Wojnarowski is, he seems like a sore butthole at times. But Lebron COULD take the shot if it indeed can help.

12. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Altho I'm purely speculating, I get the distinct impression that this is BS news originating from team Lebron used as publicity for his win, or an excuse for his losses. Medically there is an almost zero chance he's seriously injured, as attested by his original MRI results.

"...be the player I am and not use this elbow as an excuse"
    Lebron can say all the right things, when someone is crying his plea out the back-door.

13. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

I agree entirely, I hate him so much, the way he showboats, he just got lucky cause he was born big and fast.

14. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

He did things in that game which if his elbow was ****ed its impossible to do... just look at the difference between game 1 and 2. Eveyrthing feels better when your on a roll his just mentally thinking about it and being soft. If a few of his jump shots go in, all of sudden his much more lively and into the game.

He just thinks about it to much instead of playing, doctors even said there's no more damage to be done.
    absolute drama queen i hope the celtics win the next 3 games and smash them.

15. confessions

confessions New Member

Except MRI doesn't use any ionizing radiation. It doesn't have any side effects whatsoever when used correctly. MRI just costs a whole lot more than doing CT scans (which do use ionizing radiation).

16. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

I've played nearly an entire season on a bum elbow before and I know first hand what aggrevates the elbow and what doesn't. When you layup and dunk you dont need to fully extend your arm and so the weight of the ball and all the strain is taken by the arm muscles and the shoulder.
    When you shoot and follow through, your elbow extends to the fully and THAT would cause aggravation to the elbow.
    Also underhand layups dont put strain on the elbow like shooting does.
    Im not a genius, its just common sense and experience buddy.

Pain tolerance is genetic? lol.
    Yeah and I've played through a lot more injuries than LeBron has had in his NBA career. You either man up and play, or sit on the bench and watch. Making excuses is soft, let your actions speak for you.

17. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

And what im trying to say is that if he can't grit his teeth and bear it, then he is soft. If playing through the injury doesn't cause him and further harm, and his injury doesn't limit his effectiveness dramatically, then he should stop making excuses and just play the game.

LeBron played fine in game 1 against Boston, which means his injury obviously isnt affecting him much.

18. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

You're stupid and your whole family should be ashamed.

LeBron is far and away the best player in the league right now. Can't hold Kobe's jock strap? Wow, let me guess, a Laker bandwagoner in disguise? It's not hard to tell you used Jordan to ladder yourself to insulting LeBron by comparing him to Kobe that way. What has Kobe done after Shaq and before Gasol? Oh, I know, missed playoffs in 2005, first round eliminations in 2006 and 2007. Both of those players are far and away better than anyone LeBron has ever played with.

Hate the guy for whatever reason, but don't be stupid about it. Hate him for being too good, for running into people, or for traveling, but be in denial about his talent. Led a team of scrubs over the 2007 Pistons and into the NBA Finals -- something Kobe has never done. A sweep? Well, Larry Hughes? If that's all you can focus on, then you're a hater.

Last year, LeBron did his part to take the team as far as possible. Without even looking it up, I remember him averaging near 40/8/8 on 50% FG while his 2nd option, Mo Williams (requires *lol*) was building a house of bricks for low income families with his shots. 40/8/8 on 50% FG is not choking :rolleyes: . If you think he's choking against the Celtics, then i don't know what to tell you. I think the defense beat him in game 2, but maybe that has something to do with his teammates not being able to make any shots? Mo Williams being 1-9 probably had something to do with LeBron being collapsed on as soon as he stepped inside the 3-point line.

Get LeBron on a team with a legit all-star (in his prime) and then we'll have excuses. Get him Bosh, Amare, whatever. A 34 year old Jamison and 38 yr old Shaq are hardly impressive. Gasol, Artest, Odom, Bynum beats that team by a large margin.

And let's not start with Mike Brown.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys that hate Lebron need to go watch his movie.

The kid has been through fire, and deserves all the respect in the world...

20. Afterlife

Afterlife Member

OK im going to take the bait for him so I can get a laugh.

Does what hurt?

(sarcastic remark here)