1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Excuse Me While I Give Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm worn out. No more this season. I'd rather do something more productive than see horrible basketball. See you guys in the offseason.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I was just thinking to myself....I just hope we get something nice out of the draft and Mo comes back healthy. Mobley should just sit out the next month and heal his ankles. Steve should check into a migraine clinic or something. I only care abt next year now.

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah me too!!!

:mad:

See you tomorrow Jeff.

:D

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Fire Rudy and hire Calvin as coach. This loss is ALL on Rudy. The Rockets have not improved one bit since day one of the season. It's just the same old sh**. A big lead in the fourth quarter means NOTHING! The Rockets always choke, ALWAYS. That last play was embarassing enough, but what about the defense? Here's a thought: If a player has 53 points, don't leave him open for three. DOUBLE TEAM!!!!!!!! Or, maybe if the Rockets had NOT doubled McKey, they could have guarded Speedy "who?" Claxton.

This season is over. I didn't give up during the streak, because there was always the hope of Steve turning things around. All he has done is turn the Rockets from "terrible" to "bad". I blame Rudy entirely. I can't blame this on Mobley or Moochie, because they shouldn't be in positions where they can f*** up games anyway, but Rudy puts them there. There was a reason no other team signed Moochie. That's because he is a CBA turned backup player. HE IS NOT A FOURTH QUARTER GO TO GUY! Having him in the game for open threes is fine, but having him run the final play? There isn't a word to describe the stupidity.

5. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

I do not blame you Jeff, I feel real lousy too. At the end of the Utah game, I got blasted for asking for them to trade Mobley based on his unending passion to mingle in bonehead plays with impressive plays. I just do not know who told Mobley and Francis that they can dribble the ball. Big fing deal, you can dribble but not that great that you can want to do all that nonsense with the game on the line. Going behind the back, doing pure ****. Stop all the dribble and learn to shot the damn FT's. Cat has just not matured one lick. He prematurely celebrates and just cannot deliver a workmanlike dominant, performance. For everytime he gives a good play he mixes in a series of momentum losing stupid plays.

And as for Rudy T and that play to end the game. What was that all about?

6. jshabang

jshabang Member

"PLAYOFFS, I DON'T WANT TO TALK PLAYOFFS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from Jim Mora 3 weeks ago...................

Quote from Jshabang Today:( :( :( :(

7. Houstone

Houstone Member

Rudy T is horrible, how can he let Moochie just dribble dribble...

:mad: :mad:

8. DearRock

Z, I do not have a problem with Moochie being in the game. He has proven that he can get to the basket, finish and pass the ball. The problem was Rudy and him trying not to lose instead of grabbing the f-ing victory which was clearly there for the taking. All the close game we end up with is the result of playing not to lose.

9. lived

lived Member

What the hell was the last possession about? Dribble out the clock and wait for OT????

So where are all the defenders who have been calling us give-up b**ches? Come on punks, let's hear what you have to say after this last game?!

10. jshabang

jshabang Member

In the immortalwords of Charles Barkley........

" If a guy has 53, double him and let those other bad players beat you"

Maybe Rudy needs to watch TNT sometimes..................:mad:

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Bottom line is, this is a team of playground players. Basic basketball fundamentals are lost on this team.

1. You do not <b>ever</b> dribble through a double team. You pick up the dribble and <b>pass</b>.

2. The fastest way to move the ball is by <b>passing</b> it.

3. Do not dribble to the sidelines or endline. The out of bounds becomes another defender, making it easy for the defense to trap the offensive player.

Francis still struggles at running the team, Cat still makes rookie mistakes and Moochie dribbles with his head down. If they don't take the time this offseason to work on fundamentals, this team will not improve.

12. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

RIght now this team is ALL SHOW AND VERY LITTLE SUBSTANCE. They actually make the game more complicated than it needs to be.:confused: :confused:

13. DearRock

Finn, I hear you.

Earlier in the game, I thought they were playing very good with a lot of ball movement. If Phil Jackson coached this team, we would have at least 5 more victories.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

He could have passed it if someone came to receive the ball rather than stand around and watch. Go back and watch it. No one moved.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

A) Someone hit it on the head already, the Rockets play not to lose in the 4th quarter, inevitably making them do so.

B) Either Rudy or Moochie needs a slapping. Probably both. Either Mobley or Francis should be running that play. I assume it was for a pick with Griffin that Moochie just ignored. My only hope is that the play was actually even more defined than just that pick and hte ball was actually suppossed to end up in someone else's hand at some point.

C) There is some overreacting here.

C-1) Amazingly, the Rockets have been in every single one of their games down to the wire since the Griffin breakout, except for one exception in LA.

C-2) Griffin's play generally gets better and better. He made one mistake the whole game (a turnover in overtime), but had a plethora (yes I know what a plethora is) of good moments, especially that "cold-blooded" play at the end.

C-3) When playing well, they can score at will and pass the ball beautifully. Things were looking very smooth for a while.

D) Apparantly we are getting both Rashard Lewis (see other thread) and Yao Ming (see our record) this offseason, so there is some reason to celebrate :D

E) I have tickets to all the rest of the games and will go regardless.

16. ice pack

ice pack Member

How can you give up so quickly? At the beginning of the 4th pd. I was thinking dag, the Rockets are looking very solid. They had won 3 of 5 games, about to make it 4 of 6, beating a healthy Philly squad by 10 easily, and Steve Francis hardly breaking a sweat.

Want more reason to think positive? Eddie Griffin's got ice in his veins, and fiery meteors for balls. He made huge plays down the stretch. Four 3-ptrs, 4 big rebounds, 1 huge steal, 1 dreamshake to tie the game, and then nearly tips in Mooch's prayer.

Griffin, Cato, Francis, Williams, and Torres had good games and were playing sound team ball. Don't cry because KT, Mooch, and Cat don't pass, and Iverson erupts for nearly 60. Sure, we should have won, but I think it's obvious that the team is getting better every game.

17. Mobes05

Mobes05 Member

none of u guys r true fans. it makes me sick. what is that. ur just not gonna care this year. rockets r only like 7 games out of the playoffs. im still gonna watch every game cuz im a real fan. i cant blieve they let u guys even visit this site. if u aint watchin, u aint a fan. simple

18. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Wait !...... is that Moochie dribbling the entire clock down ?

I don't feel so good...

[​IMG]

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

How so. Without him, we are 1-16. With him we are 11-9 (and that includes Utah so it should really be 11-8). That comes out to about a 45-37 record which would probably be good enough for the playoffs. I don't really see francis as a problem. Tonight in the chat someone said he was 4-16 at one point. That just sounds like bad shooting to me, not inability to run the team. If he shoots just a little better, maybe we win. If we don't miss 8 FT's, maybe we win. If iverson isn't going crazy, maybe we win. People (not talking to you now) seem to extrapolate our end of game play (which has to be the worst in the league) out to the rest of the game when in fact we aren't nearly as horrible throughout a game as we prove ourselves at the end of it. And dammit for one time in his life Cato is actually helping us keep a lead and then we take him out and immediately fall apart. Not being able to watch, I'm not sure what effect taking him out had but judging by the scoreboard it wasn't good.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Expect some "nagging" injuries to keep various players out of games here and there.

Sign of the Apocalypse: Kelvin Cato has scored double-digits in back to back games.

Eddie played more good center minutes against one of the best in the league.

Speaking of Eddie, Tony Parker is out 2-3 weeks. The rookie game is Feb. 9, which is about 3 weeks ago. Will he be claiming his spot?

ice pack-a little easy on Francis? He did shoot 5-20, and had 7 turnovers.