1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exclusive Interview of Daryl Morey on the New Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jul 9, 2007.

1. chonox

chonox Member

please morey, the last thing v-mac needs is you putting ideas in his head that his up to par with anything in comparison to mcgrady. :rolleyes:

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great interview, I like Morey's stubborness, I think he is doing wht he thinks is right.

Damn the torpedoes...full speed ahead !!!!

DD

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

[Morey]definitely Steve (Novak) should start yada yada this yada yada season.[/Morey]

PF situation solved. :p

On a side note, this is the first time I've seen "exclusive interview" connected with Daryl Morey.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The funny thing is, they all do penetrate extreemly well. I thing Billy is a puss, but he definately would flourish under our new coach.

From the interview, I sensed that Alston and JLIII are gone, and logic dictates that either Head or Snyder is gone (too many SGs with Bonzi and T-Mac).

5. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

The small forward and shooting guard rotation would be Battier, McGrady, and Wells getting the majority of the minutes. And Novak with either Head or Snyder getting the rest of the minutes.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thank you Pryuen for reporting this article! It only repeated commmon knowledge .

7. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Good call.............because we definitely have more information about the situation than the Rockets GM. :rolleyes:

8. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Maybe it's just Morey's way of coaxing him back...You know..."You're like TMac in the NBA." How could he NOT come back??? :D

9. awo86

awo86 Rookie

i like how morey's handling the v-span situation.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

No one, but no one in the Rockets organization sees Spanoulis as a PG. His passing was just awful last year, and even if they did think he was a PG (which I don't think they ever did), those hopes were dashed quickly. Even if he comes back, he is coming as a penetrating SG, and SG only.

11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Brooks play in the Vegas league will gauge if VSpan will be kept...Maybe Morey can finalize that "trade" that we're all looking for during the games

12. WildSweet&Cool

This was my first thought, too. With our current point guard situation, I have a suspicion that Rafer will either be traded, or he's gonna lose his starting position.

13. DaDakota

Nah, summer league success does not translate, see JL3 for examples.

And Morey is doing exactly what I thought he would do with V-Span, I said at the beginning of summer that I thought he would eventually play hard ball with him.

DD

#33 DaDakota, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  14. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Morey is trying to bust Spanoulis's balls.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

毕竟上个赛季我们暴露了控卫上的问题

Actually, it's a matter of poor translation.

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What was the whole "including Novak" thing about? :confused:

Don't see how that will work.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow! Awesome. You should do some more interviews. Didn't know you had so many hook ups.

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

What I don't understand about your posts is why everything is followed by "just like I thought" or "as I thought" or anything of that variation. I just think it is embarrassing that you always try to prove how you were right whenever something goes down.

19. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Just saw this Clutch City classic moment:

"I have seen the future, and it is Dan Langhi. This guy has more game then most players in the NBA today... Langhi will be a star in the NBA, no doubt in my mind."
    - DaDakota, 7/29/2000

20. DaDakota

Yeah, I do that, not all the time, but occasionally after I get beat up about something, I tend to want to say "See, I told ya so"

One of many of my character flaws....I guess. Would it be better to just quote an old thread?

(I kid...I kid).
    Boy, I nailed that one, didn't I?

:D

I am just happy that Morey is taking a strong stand, and is utilizing the asset, Billy signed the deal, and if the team truly believes in him, they should force him back......

Personally, I don't buy any of the Homesick stuff from V-Span I think he knows he can get a larger contract in Greece, and is using the only leverage he has......

DD

#40 DaDakota, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2007