1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Excel (macros/VB) help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoBalls, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Do you guys know where I can bring in someone to come and assist some folks here at my job to assist with old spreadsheets?
    Would I have to go through an IT Consultant firm?

Thanks.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I'll do it for a case and a half. :eek:

SRSLY speaking, I know a couple of peeps from the place where I used to work.

What's the task at hand, anyway? Is it coming up with functions, pivot tables, typing in data, a combination of those or something else? :cool: Can you give a bit of what's involved?

3. MoBalls

I want to say all of the above. Gas Trading environment. Someone strong and can work with each who needs help.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Is it time-critical that someone else has to do it, or can someone from your firm benefit from some Excel intermediate-to-advanced training within the next few weeks or so?

There are some classes available with New Horizons, Global Knowledge, etc. They are good at the Microsoft-related software training. I've taken a few courses at New Horizons for other stuff (IIS back in the day, Sharepoint recently, etc.) and they offer online as well as in-classroom training.
    http://www.newhorizons.com/LOCALWEB/catalog/CourseCatalog.aspx?GroupId=551&keyword=Excel <- check it :cool:

I know basic stuff, but I wished I knew more. It sounds odd, but we in general now don't use Excel for the calculating and statistical stuff anymore... everyone just wants to use Excel for the tables, like it was a word processor...

5. MoBalls

Swoly I need someone here onsite.