1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Exactly halfway through the season, Chris Paul has started all 41 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Jan 16, 2020.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I mean, OKC seemed to be content with this as a rebuilding year so they haven't been sensitive to load management because honestly, they wanted to get worse. Yes, Paul has played every game, but if as an organization they had legit title plans this year, they most certainly wouldn't have had Paul play as many games as he has. Load management is only a thing when the most important games your team will play will all be at the end of the year.

heypartner likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly halfway through the season.....#Tilman is still a crap owner.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok? But Cp3 and WB's deals are for 4 years not 1 year so half the season is like 1/8 of their contract run. All these "Cp3 is healthy now" posts are just extremely premature let's wait a year or two if Cp3 is still like this at age 38 then ok Morey made a mistake trading for somebody much younger.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We have a name for that: fair weather fan. :p

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, I call me a fair weather smart fan. If everybody acts as me, then we would not have cheap owner, the team owners have to spend more money to improve the teams on the times. Right now, the loser NY Knicks team owner can still keep his team forever, and still makes lots of money. The same could apply to the rockets.:p

Easy likes this.
  6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting, well it would have been nice if he started it earlier so we could see some benefits!

7. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

CP3 only played 61 games in 16-17 season, 58 games in 17-18 season and 58 games in the 18-19 season. He also missed 2 key games in the playoffs in the 17-18 season.... and he's close to being 35. The Rockets trading CP3 for a much younger and healthier player made sense.

The odds are he's still probably going to miss quite a few games this season.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It is ironic

9. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

This. Demand and expectations are low for him and his team. This also takes less toll on the mind and body. Plus, isn't he playing more of a mentor role in OKC versus in Houston he was the second in command in the roster. I'm still not convinced when it comes to health.

Mr Chuck Norris and BigShasta like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Most fans are morons and they just don't understand some simple facts.

CP3 played most of the games in 2017 becuse that's his contract year.

CP3 rest more last year because he just had the offseason surgery and more importantly, just signed a 4 years max contract.

Russ did not play any back to back games so far this season also because he had a surgery this offseason.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why? he has invested more in rockets than you invested in your thought process

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he also missed 2 key games in the playoffs in 16-17 season if i recall well or it was 15 -16 or both.... its seems to be almost an annual thing with him

13. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I personally love Chris Paul as a player. That said, while it's a valid point that Chris Paul played 41 games this season. We here really care about what he did as a Rocket.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

"washed" is probably the most overused word on this board - or one of the most at least...

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dang, I need to stop telling my wife, "Honey, I've washed the dishes."

hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ouch, didn't take you for teh insulting type.

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Westbrook has played 1200 minutes. Paul has played 1340. That's a 3 game difference.

Consider Westbrook is recovering from surgery and Paul's early regular season availability was never of concern, I'm ecstatic that we have been managing Westbrook's minutes. Frankly we should be forcing the same with Harden - we're extremely deep at the 2 between Gordon/Rivers/McLemore and we don't have the depth to secure 1st seed without breaking into pieces.

#77 Mathloom, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its not an insult lol :) hes just being fed the same meal hes serving Mr Tilman

people accuse Mr Tilman of being stingy and they are as stingy as can be... they have possibility of millions of thoughts and they choose to use only a few

this is the very penny pinching in the area of human brain activity :D

19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Literally hasn’t been on the injury report once.

Not even probable.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

what happened in the conference semis last year? why he was so passive and weak?
    he was perhaps the best rockets player the year before up until the injury and then he disapears vs gsw in the conf. semis