1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-Steelers Coach Cowher 'open' to a return to the field

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just more of why 610 is unlistenable to me. Rich Lord and Barry Warner on the same station? Yeah, no thanks.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

From the video:

"The titans...eh, they beat the Texans at home, but...."

He's basically saying beating the Texans doesn't count for ****. That's what we've been reduced to.

Actually, "reduced" might not be the right word, since beating the Texans has NEVER counted for ****. Silly me - I was hoping that would be different after 9 years...

3. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd be happy if we lassoed John Fox for D-coord (and heir apparent) if McNair remains reluctant to fire Kubiak or Smith. Draft woes get brought up and often are pointed at Smith...but it's been put out there that Jackson wasn't his pick, or his scouting staff's. Kubiak doesn't know D and can't hire anyone that can handle that side of the ball (though I do say Frank Bush was a great LB coach). Hire a guy that has a good eye for D talent, that has a good D philosophy/vision, and let him make the call on who to draft on that side of the ball. I'll bet good money that you won't see 5 years of busts like Okoye.

I'll take the optimistic side and say that he conceded a home win vs Houston as reason against him being on the hot seat, but the other issues prevail. That said, we aren't much a speed bump in anyone's mind.

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.