1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-Stanford Swimmer gets 6 Months in Assault of Unconscious Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BabyClutch, Jun 4, 2016.

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Who can spot the poster(s) in this thread who may have (hypothetically) had sex with an unconscious woman?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They can unless they are intoxicated to the point that they can not. If a drunk person tries to have sex with you then that's consent. If they are passed out and you just jump them, that's rape. It's basically whether they are mentally able to make a decision - not if they had alcohol in their system.

I am somewhat bothered by this. As poor of a decision as this judge made, a recall sets a dangerous precedent in that the judicial system must now consider public opinion in making sentences. I would rather the judiciary be independent and not the court of public opinion.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its always the same people. I can open up a thread and name the people that would probably support something outright disgusting just because of their political allegiance.

One of the losers that follows me around all the time is amongst them. Was not surprised to see his post.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

spot on and beat me to it. By their posting you can tell they lead miserable lives so a part of me feels sorry for them, but then I don't.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sad part is .. . this is primarily only considered when the person is Rich White and Male

Poor people it is just THROW THEM IN JAIL
    We have become a country of you only get as much Justice as you can afford.

I wonder how rich the Young Lady is . . ..

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Despite these crimes and criminal record, Brock Turner is more likely to be hired and become CEO of a Fortune 500 company compared to the average minority.

8. likestohypeguy

All Judges would become prisoners of whichever SJW faction is loudest, on the Internet.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Well it's not just liberals, it's conservatives coming after this judge and other judges. In fact, most of the time it is conservatives who are complaining about judges and the one's exerting pressure. Look how they criticize Roberts as an "activist" judge.

Fact is the whole "activist" judge thing is just a made up b.s. attack from the right to try to exert their political ideology on the judicial branch.

Neither party should be able to influence a judge. I am against any liberal or conservative judicial appointment. The whole point of a judge is someone who can see all perspectives and come to the outcome that is best for society and aligns with the ideals this country was founded upon.

2 people like this.
  10. likestohypeguy

That's what I thought I was agreeing with. I didn't know SJW was only liberals. Guess they're not called that when it's conservatives.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

SJW is a pejorative term for a socially activist liberal.

12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A testament to the general marketing of the term that it has gained the traction that it has, if someone is confused as to it's origins.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

WTF ARE YOU DEFENDING HERE??????

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's all Cosby is trying to get clarification on.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That your all caps response is just bizarre.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

His right to let his bitter old troll flag fly? Just a guess.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

White privilege exists, who knew...the mentality is very upsetting. Society is sick and produces people like this kid's father who obviously influenced his son..

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is rich privilege, not white privilege.

When you go to a gas station in Hate, Mississippi and don't get lynched by the locals... that is white privilege.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Heard a really depressing interview on NPR just now. Only the tiniest fraction of reported rapes go to trial, and only a small fraction of those result in conviction. So this woman (who studies the statistics) said this case is actually a victory and that the judge applying *any* jail time was a good thing, in the big picture of rape cases.

Ugh.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

FWIW, I think it's a mistake to look at things through the lens of "all reported rapes are legitimate, and all accused rapists are guilty".