1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-NBA player arrested for battery against

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nikos, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Nikos

Nikos Member

I know many of you know Mad Max was arrested for allegdly beating up his son....Heres an article on it.

Ex-NBA player arrested for battery against
    By Jennifer J. Howard

11/26/2002
    Email to Friend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By JENNIFER J. HOWARD
    jennifer.howard@northfulton.com

Former NBA basketball player Vernon Maxwell was arrested for domestic battery in Alpharetta Nov. 11 after allegedly beating his 16-year-old son in a home in the upscale Windward community.
    Maxwell’s son was taken to North Fulton Regional Hospital for treatment. His right eye was nearly swollen shut and there was a large bruise on the boy’s face and a visible red mark on his back, police said.
    The incident occurred Oct. 27 on Bent Creek Terrace and later on Bent Creek Manor. The victim said he had gotten into a verbal argument with his father about not completing his daily push-ups.
    Maxwell, 37, most recently was played for the Dallas Mavericks. The 6-foot-5-inch guard also played for the Sacramento Kings and the Seattle SuperSonics.
    The fight started at his Bent Creek Terrace home, where Maxwell reportedly slapped his son.
    The boy’s mother, from whom Maxwell is divorced, had the teen go to a neighbor’s house, where another incident ensued. Maxwell went to the neighbor’s house and reportedly punched his son in the face, tackled him, and pinned him against a pool table. The boy said his father attempted to choke him and repeatedly hit him in the head, face and back, then picked him up and threw him out the door.
    The victim told police he ran through the neighborhood, stopping at a security booth to call for help.
    Alpharetta police arrested Maxwell at his Bent Creek Terrace home. They found him hiding behind a curtain in the dining room. In a car Maxwell had borrowed from a woman, police found 35 grams of mar1juana, leading to a second charge of felony possession of mar1juana.
    Maxwell was freed on a $2,000 bond Nov. 13. His arraignment hearing has been set for May 20 at the Alpharetta Municipal Court.

Link to Article

I can't beleive Max beat his son in this way. I remember reading about how much he loved his son etc....and how he never knew his father etc.....But I still can't beleive Vernon would do something like this :( :( :(. I can't imagine why he would do such a thing :(.