1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex cop turned cop killer on the loose in LA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Beezy, Feb 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. split41

split41 Member

Yeah, this whole thing sounds like some crazy vigilante-rambo movie.

The whole thing seems pretty morally ambiguous imo.

2. zoids

zoids Member

This is what happens when our law system fails us. People had to take matters at their own hands just like China peasants blowing up the official offices. Sad but what else can that guy do? What if you guys are the poor dude who got fired after being a good cop and reporting on police abuses that is everywhere.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There's nothing morally ambiguous about killing innocent people who had nothing to do with the situation he is currently in. There are no shortage of ways to get your story out that don't involve a woman and her fiance getting their heads blown off.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It's like he is trying to justify taking out fellow officers' family members because his relationship with his mom/sis/wife broke down over this. That is some nutty logic for killing innocent people.

I would like to see him get surrounded and see like ten cops pump him and the car he is in full of bullets. That would be a fitting ending to this.

How hard is it going to be to track down a very large black man who wouldn't exactly blend in anywhere he goes? Something tells me part of his preparations and planning may involve a bunker stocked with supplies. It's not like he can just pull up to a gas station to get gas or go get food somewhere without totally being noticed. Even just driving around...the size of his head is so large you could notice the guy.

I would be surprised if this lasts longer than a few more days.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I read most of the first part of the Manifesto, up to where he starts giving shoutouts or death threats to individual people.

I'd say that the guy is above-average in smarts, especially for a cop. He's a deep thinker. He's also probably bipolar, so he will probably by cyclical in his manic/killing phases. The first killing may have been it for a while.

Mostly it seems like a sad kid acting out, not a man on a mission with clear values. He trumpets his values but the manifesto clearly shows his selfish designs for revenge.

6. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I'm sure this will happen. I'm just wondering how many cars will LAPD go through before they actually shoot the killer's.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't think he's as smart as everyone seems to think he is. I think he's just watched too much TV and too many movies.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some of the poster's rationale and comments in this post are almost more disturbing than this guys actions.

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Exaggerate much?

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

internet much?

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Yes? :confused:

12. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

It's political,obviously.

13. droopy421

droopy421 Member

What good does money do when you are dead?

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He came back from military service/war with a screw loose. His training officer was going to recommend he be removed from field duty because of mistakes on the job he observed. He waited two weeks to accuse his training officer of kicking a mentally ill person during an arrest (i.e. did not report it immediately). This, after knowing his training officer was going to write a negative report that would likely see him released or removed from active duty. No witnesses who saw the incident corroborated his side of the story. They felt he was no longer trustworthy after the accusation proved unfounded and fired him. Then, he goes on a manifesto rant that he was telling the truth and now starts killing people over it. And, he blames racism for it. Hardly the actions and decisions of a mentally competent person.

15. VanityHalfBlack

Mental Illness???

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not so sure I believe his little manifesto. It wouldn't shock me if LAPD is corrupt. But neither would it shock me if he did make up an accusation to try to discredit someone who was going to hurt his career, get mad when he gets caught, completely refuses to acknowledge that he could have done anything wrong, and then try to take revenge on the world for all the injustices he thinks he's suffered. He reminds me of Breivik.

17. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The believability of his manifesto hinges on the fact that you wouldn't put it past the perpetually corrupt LAPD to pull some of those stunts.

Not saying I believe everything he said (he's clearly disturbed), but I'm sure much of what he said about the LAPD has some truth to it (not specifically his case).

18. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Damn, googled "manhunt" using "I'm feeling lucky". Result wasn't what I expected...

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lapd cops firing on innocent people.
    I feel bad for the guy, it's ashame he is killing people though. Going to make one hell of a Denzel movie though.

20. Raven

Raven Member

They already made this movie. It's called Django Unchained.

:(