1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Evidence that Hakeem and Akeem whipped Jordan's Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MJ is Losing in the playoffs.

Bulls is playing in NBA is many years

MJ is not winning is in years
    1984-1990

Phil Jackson is not here

Facts is greater than speculation of lesser knowledge fan and is greater than bad grammar is bad fan

2. tinman

Supporting Member

they is not believing is true that Akeem and his twin Hakeem beat MJ
    MJ is god and he is flying man
    they is not believe NBA exists before Bulls win championship
    they is not believe that Rockets is much better team
    they is not believe that team with Sleepy Floyd destroy Bulls
    they is not believe that team with Akeem is real person is just fake name
    they is not real Rockets fans

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

True, but MJ ended it with 6 titles :cool: . But neither of any of this has anything to with the Rockets beating the Bulls. Let's save it for a future Jordan vs Dream thread.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The 1996 Bulls team had Rodman with Kukoc off the bench, and another stud defender in Ron Harper. I don't recall seeing anyone say the 96 version of the Rockets would have beaten those Bulls. You will probably get a different answer for the 97 version with Barkley on our team but that's a different debate.

FYI, Bulls beat Knicks and Suns in 6 in 93, Knicks in 7 in 92, Pacers in 7 one year and lost to orlando with Shaq. Hakeem is better than all of the bigs from those teams, on both sides of the ball.

Most arguments center around Chicago winning in 94 and 95. We played the first 3-peat team very well. They had no PF in 95.

That's the thing that kills me about these discussions. MJ fans completely forget the role support on those teams. 94 team had all the role players but not him. 95 team had no PF. 2nd three peat team didn't just get MJ back, they also added arguably the best rebounder in league history and a DPOY type player. Using the same argument, what if the 80's Lakers or Celtics never got old? The Bulls didn't beat either of those teams. You beat who is playing, period....

5. Astockmarketgod

if ands buts

please... the playoffs are different story....Chicago was a playoff beast...

if the Sonics the number 1 seed (who had the Rox number back then...) didnt choke... against the 8th place seed 2 years in a row...

Rox would have never made it out of the WC finals...

im pretty sure one of those seasons... the Sonics...swept the Rox in the regular season... and the other they were like 3 games to 1

but bottom line the regular season means squat in the playoffs...

as the current team is sure to know...

6. Rowdie Brandon

Tinman = one of my favorites on this website..............

LOL, Max and Dumars were probably the best at D-ing MJ up.......

7. Rowdie Brandon

while what you're saying is true, no one can't deny the fact that the Bulls just didn't matchup that well with the Rockets.....with their complete dominance of them before they were "champions" it's kind of foolish to say that the Rockets wouldn't have been able to beat the bulls in either one of their 2 title runs.........I think that's the point many rockets fans have made over the years.......

8. tinman

Supporting Member

what future thread?
    is not what you not want? is fact that rockets beat bulls like ike turner is beating tina turner

oh great MJ is ended with 6 titles

Robert Horry is ended career with more rings than is MJ :cool:

Horry is better than MJ and is making cool movie like Men in Black and is married to Jada Pinket

9. Rowdie Brandon

^^^all while getting jiggy wit it.

10. Rowdie Brandon

too add more fuel to the fire I remember in the '98 playoffs, a reporter asked Luc Longley which team he'd rather see in the finals (Utah or Houston)...without hesitating Luc answered "Utah, because there's a big difference between Greg Ostertagg and Hakeem Olajuwon"...........and mind you this comment was made after Hakeem was 2 or 3 years past his prime........a slightly over the hill Dream even had Luc Longley "shook"......

11. tinman

Supporting Member

look BULLS is lose to Rockets with Sleepy Floyd, no Maxwell
    Otis Thrope is beat Horace Grant like Mike Tyson punchout

Phil Jackson is lose to Vice President Don Chaney

Akeem, young brother he is of Hakeem is not have to do much cause whole team is gooder than is Bulls

Rockets is score 139 points, is more than 2 times JVG Rockets score in one game is

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Date: FRI 02/02/1990
    Section: Sports
    Page: 1
    Edition: 3 STAR

Rockets crush Bulls 139-112/Chicago's newfound unity fades into thin Air Jordan

Otis Thorpe had 30 points and 13 rebounds, playing his best overall game of the season. It was his best point production since he had 33 in the fourth game of the season.

He had loads of help. All five Rockets scored at least 16 points. Akeem Olajuwon had 23 points. Sleepy Floyd had 20 points, hitting all three of his three-point shots in the process.
    "I have only one thing to say," Chicago Coach Phil Jackson said. "This was one of the longest nights I've ever spent in the NBA. And I've been in the league 18 years.

"The Rockets were terrific. And we were equally as bad.' Affirmative on both counts. The Rockets hit their first seven shots, fired in 72 percent of their attempts in the first quarter and hardly slowed down the rest of the way.

For the game they knocked in 62 percent of their field-goal tries.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People who say that playoff Jordan is different than regular season Jordan need to consider '95.

Jordan was in the playoffs, and so was Hakeem. Jordan didn't make it to the finals. Hakeem won a championship.

13. Rowdie Brandon

hahaha...this thread is great

u mean Dennis Rodman couldn't stop him???.......oh wait that's right....Rodman did play against Dream in '95...................with the help of David Robinson.........If I recall correctly, didn't he kick their asses all across the court?????...........I guess D-Rob was a better defender than Luc Longley???.............I guess.........

14. tinman

Supporting Member

hey Rowdie Brandon,
    do you notice the three disturbing trends of the 'newer' Rocket fans?

1. they seem to not get their facts correct and always base things off speculation (look at this thread, I put real facts, they put real whack)

2. its like they've never seen an NBA season in their life. get rid of the coach after a couple of weeks, trade this person that person. its 82 games and the playoffs.. chill out, every loss is not the worst in the world and every win doesn't make you the NBA Champs

3. they need media affirmation for the Rockets, Stephen A Smith, Charles, AM Radio, Jim Rome.. Its like they are some low esteem high school girl or a hizzo needing to get pizzimp slizzapped.

15. Rowdie Brandon

haha, yeah when it comes to threads like this you can see who actually looks at basketball objectively while bringing up valid points. The assisant coach of the bulls said it best when he claimed that they were "mortal", that's why I think it's funny when people say the rockets wouldn't have stood a chance against ANY of the Bulls teams from the 90's. They matched up so well with them.

That's why I say (like I said in another thread) that whenever MJ fanboys bring up the "if Jordan was playing", I bring up if Ralph Sampson wouldn't have ever gotten injured. Seriously speaking, Akeem and Ralph were demolishing the Lakers of the 80s, and giving the Celtics a tough time (even without some of our backcourt). This was before Hakeem had even polished his game. I honestly don't know what the Bulls would've done against both Hakeem and Sampson........I hate playing the "what if" card, but Jordan had his "Pippen" for many years after Sampson left Hakeem never had that 2nd superstar next to him............

16. tinman

Supporting Member

they occasionally show that Ralph Sampson documentary on NBATV or ESPN Classic. It starts off with Dream sitting in a chair reminiscing about the twin tower years. My favorite part was when they asked Dream how Ralph compared to today's players.

Dream "He would score on them.. ALL DAY"
    :)

17. ekim

ekim Member

http://www.motorcitybadboys.com/

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rn3lExtaSvo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rn3lExtaSvo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Bad boys > MJ

18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

The Rockets wasn't good of enough to make the finals

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/65VopPKEPmY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/65VopPKEPmY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

20. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Kind of like the Bulls wasn't good enough to make the finals in 95?