1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everyone take their Mydol

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketmike, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

OMFG!!!! This is pathetic. The only thing more pathetic than the Rocket's effort the last two games is listening to a bunch of soggy taco's wine and complain about how horrible this team is. I think there are a bunch of positives so far.

1. Has anyone noticed that big tall dude playing more minutes? If we get 35-38 minutes out of him this year that will be a huge improvement. He's not going to continue to shoot under 50%, and his sub 10 rebound games are becoming fewer and fewer. If this Yao (the agressive looking one) is here to stay for 35-38 minutes a game things will get better not worse.

2. Alston seems to be better than advertised. Noone on this team is used to the kind of passes this kid makes. And he can shoot. Between him and Head we've actually got a nice pure PG rotation for the first time since.... Well since I can remember.

3. Lets see, w/o Tmac the team is lost. OK... who didn't expect that. One starter (although I'm not sold on him starting) is coming off of knee surgery and can't hit the broad side of a barn - I don't expect that to continue...

4. Howard has looked pretty good. You had to wonder with the layoff and the severity of the problems if he was going to come back strong, but he definately has.

5. While Swift has looked lost at times, he has shown the abilities we were sorely lacking. The guy is athletic, can help out on D, and can actually catch some of those passes for dunks (Cato with hands?)

4. If there is a time to have these struggles it is the beginning of the season. Did anyone expect them to get it all down right away? Sure we're better off with TMAC and winning games, but there are worse things that can happen. We're not talking a Texanesque start here guys where there was nothing to like... we're talking a bad 3 games. 3 GAMES. With several trends that are unlikely to continue. Especially Yao's shooting. The team shooting as a matter of fact. They aren't going to shoot this poorly all year- probably not for the rest of the week. Now if we go 5-15 then hit the panic button... but until then... go get a moist towelette, clean up the taco and find a sky that is really falling before you run around like a chicken with your head cut off.
    Mike

2. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

[​IMG]

the sky is falling... :rolleyes:

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

lol he said mydol

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

As a die-hard Rockets fan, I agree. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some degree of anger after the Rockets lost to the Hornets and Magic at home through 4th quarter breakdowns. How come the Hornets, with their new players (Chris Paul, David West) didn't break down? How come the Magic, minus Grant Hill, beat us? The Rockets, in the beginning of the season, set these high standard themselves, and they deserve to bear criticism for not meeting expectations, even w/o McGrady.

That being said, my signature stands.

5. Rocketmike

Rocketmike Member

That said. When have the Magic had Hill suit up. Bottom line is that when you put this many new pieces together and take Tmac out you're going to look like a bag of @55 for a few games. Don't get me wrong, its pathetic, but no time to jump ship.

6. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Let the fairweather ones jump ship. We know who the real fans are.

7. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

The only problem is that they are jumping back once we start to win, including those "experts":) Way too much noise to start a working day, and I can't do anything without checking here.

8. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

It's going to get worse before it gets better. The rest of November is brutal. But we started slow last season too. I'm not worried.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ah, the Pollyanna threads, it must be Springtime! I will check back in a week or two to measure sunshine levels. ;)

10. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Agreed. Everyone's forgetting that we lost arguably the best player in the world. We're a healthy Tmac away from being the 2nd best team in the league, bad shooting guards and all.

11. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

Then time to take names and start calling those punks out! :D

12. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Here is some cheese to go with all you whiners... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. roxgirl

roxgirl Member

hahaha, i was thinking that, nice way to capture the thought.

14. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

this is pretty sad...it's only been 3 games. yes, the last two without tmac have been horendous, but i'm not ready to trade yao ming yet....geez. wesley i'll go for, he has looked really bad, but the thing is, we won't be able to get anything for him unless we trade with the raptors, they'll give us bosh for wesley straight up probably... :D

15. Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer Member

Thank you for a MUCH-NEEDED dose of manhood! I mentioned about the whining after the first loss. We can always tell who the fair-weathered fans are. They're the ones that think Dennis Rodman in a wedding dress is fashion savvy. Seriously, I thought our Houston fans had more balls than what is habitually shown in this board.

16. timesquare

timesquare Contributing Member

i look at the next few games as an opportunity for the rest of the team to get their games going. mcgrady will produce when he comes back, without question, but now that the offense is without him, we'll see, for example, how yao does as the primary option, and whether he can play the minutes we want him to. rafer will also be handling a lot more, as well as head. we'll find out more especially about head without t-mac, i think.

therefore, see not impending doom, but golden opportunity.

17. RocketsFAN3035

great post, with great responses. Count me as staying on board (not because of this thread, but because I agree with what's being said in here)

18. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

you know what we need??? the chron to put up a tombstone of the rockets season....to satisfy all the bandwagoners and fair weather fans on this site.

plus, the last time they did that it worked out quite well for that other houston team........ :)

19. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

mydol doesn't stop the bleeding ... :(

20. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

a sawed off shotgun will

trust in the force