1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ever want to punch a civil servant?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Two Sandwiches

I sure did today!

So, the house two doors down from mine caught on fired today and was destroyed. I ended up going and picking up my neighbor (who wasn't home) whose house it was, and bringing him back. He was frantic and yelling, and it was really sad. Anyways, as they finishing the fire, a small fire rescue truck arrived. It only had 1 man on board, and there was a fire hose in the way, so the guy got out and tried to move it. I figured I'd be a good citizen and help him move it. So I walk up and ask if he needed help and he replied with a demanding, "YEAH!" So, I bend down to help the guy, and as I go to touch it, he yells, "NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT! GET AWAY!" and slams the hose ON MY BIG TOE. It hurt for a while afterward, so I started yelling things at him as he got back in his truck. I started telling people that I should have sued and stuff. I called him a bundle of sticks and a special education person. It was a good feeling to release that hatred.

Has anyone else ever had a problem like that with a government worker? Who works for the government?

2. Mr. Brightside

:D Now tell us how you really feel.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Should have called him a combustable copulated cigarette

4. Relativist

Relativist Member

Ouch! I don't blame you for being upset, especially when you were trying to help.

At the same time, I've been told that sometimes the best thing you can do in situations like these is to just get out of the way and let the professionals do their job. Unfortunately, we live in a day where liability is a big deal and maybe that was why the fireman was telling you to get away. But it doesn't make sense that he would ask for help and then say no.

As an aspiring civil servant, I hope I don't do something that makes somebody want to punch me.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It's posts like this that makes EddieWasSnubbed a shoe-in for "Best Female Poster". :p :D ;)

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

"So, I bend down to help the guy, and as I go to touch it, he yells, "NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT! GET AWAY!"

Is it safe to assume by "hose" you really mean penis?

7. Two Sandwiches

I'm still flattered.:p

8. Uprising

Uprising Member

eh, parking meter checkers or whatever they're called are on my all time hate list.

9. Two Sandwiches

Meter Maids, Fruity Faries, something like that.