1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ever had this feeling?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lar, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Stare at yourself in the mirror for a few minutes.

Its you...looking at you.

What the **** does "you" even mean?

Every thing starts to seem very weird when you just stop and think about it.

3. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

4. lean

lean Member

Yeah I have experienced this feeling a few times before. Always when very, very stoned. If you accomplished this sober, props homie.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

No strangers, just future friends.

[​IMG]

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I would definably get this feeling... if I smoked weed.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Did you want to hit that when you had your strangely cool sensation?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I remember hovering in a corner of my ceiling and staring down at my body sitting on the side of the bed looking up at me. Was it anything like that?

9. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

Thanks for the thoughtful replies everyone--this has been extremely interesting to read the different experiences and thoughts. I should clarify about what I've described for myself:

(1) Each time this has happened, I was completely sober. The trigger was more when I was in introspective moods, wandering off on mental tangents after seeing something which is usually so familiar I took it for granted (e.g. my name, my picture, a relative's picture).

(2) For the record, no, I did not want to "hit that"...lol

(3) I haven't had that out-of-body or walking coffin sensation that some have described, but those sound fascinating. I wonder if it's a related phenomena? I'd characterize mine more as if I'd had temporary amnesia and was regarding things about me as though I were perceiving them for the first time (things that I usually don't give two thoughts to such as my name).

I'd still love to know what the formal term is for whatever the hell this is (and I admit it must seem really weird for those who haven't experienced it). I've seen jamais vu, depersonalization, and derealization as possible options, but I'm not sure any one of them is completely on point.

Again, thanks everyone for the food for thought!