1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ever get a sales call asking for your baby/toddler?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoonBus, Jun 5, 2003.

1. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Well, I just did.

I knew it was one of those sales/advertising type of call, because of that moment of silence when I picked up the phone.

The guy asked if he can speak to my 1.5 year old. I was angry and surprised. Angry because of these types of calls (I know, I should get a caller ID, but that's another story...) and surprised because they didn't even know who they are trying to call.

My reply to him was "Can you hold on just a second, I am changing her diaper." Either he didn't quite hear what I said or he thought he misheard me. He said "Execuse me?" I repeated what I said and he continue with "Are you her father?" That's when I hung up the phone.

I wonder how did they even get my kids' name to match with the phone #. The only places that may know her name is from the doctor's offices and her insurance. Could they be selling these information?

Thinking back, I should've asked who's calling to see who these idiots represent. Probably life insurance or credit card companies.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought this was going to be a story about someone asking if they could buy your baby/toddler. :)

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Dude, I woulda put your kid on the phone, without making any comments at all. I think that would've been far more in-your-face.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

texas no-call list

try google.

5. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

caller id is awesome....

Gets rid of all those ass clowns

6. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Probably the best thing you can do is say,"Sure, hold on one second", then emit flatulence into the speaker. Then again, I am obcessed with bathroom humor.

7. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Another good one is to tell them to hang on and go into the bathroom and make some straining noises and then flush. Then get back on the phone and ask them how they would remove a gerbal from their rectum? :eek: :D

8. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Caller ID won't tell you who it is; it'll just say "UNAVAILABLE" or "Out Of Area".

Unless you use the Telezapper.

Currently, I LOVE talking to my telemarketers. I usually keep them on the line for as long as possible.

Especially the ones that ask for Mr. Peni Senvy ;) ....

I got this CD about 3 years ago; in two words:

UNBELIEVABLY HILARIOUS

(Yes I know the site doesn't really work, but I think you can still buy it elsewhere).

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Do what I do with telephone solicitors....

Let them get into their spiel for about 20-30 seconds.

Then, suddenly interrupt them, telling them you have something in the oven. Ask them to hold on for a second....

Then crack open a beer, sit down on the sofa, and check the phone every minute or so to see how long they are holding on. If they hold on for 10-15 minutes, hang up the phone.

Hey, if they are going to waste my time, I'm going to waste their time right back at 'em.

10. SLA

SLA Member

Get Caller ID and get on the Texas No Call List.

I wonder how they got her name!

It would be kinda funny if you put her on the phone.

Just hang up on them!

11. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Just do the Seinfeld

This is kind of a bad time can I get your home number and I will call you back?

I don't want you to call me at home...

Well now you know how I feel.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Tell them "no thanks" twice and they give up. I have found they won't run their spiel by you more than twice.