1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

Even If the Rockets Lose Scola, They May Get an Asset

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

reading compehension ability is literally r****ded.

2. leebigez

leebigez Member

If a team wants scola and gives him a contract starting at 7.5m and runs it backwards, the 1st year salary will be about 9m for a 4 yrs contract correct? A 9.3m te for scola would be very, very good. The rockets should've dumped shane's contract for a trade exception. The rockets haven't ever used their te and they had a 7m one a few years ago. Thats why i said les says he'll pay the lux tax,but he hasn't paid $1 over the tax.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Losing Scola would set this team back a ton, I admire the sentiment of the Op, and as usual he is right on, but I agree with Bima in that I want him back.

DD

4. Yetti

Yetti Member

Boy, just let us forget any flights of fancy.
    For starters we have no quality back up for Yao Ming, we have added one rookie player so far and our chances of landing decent talent diminish by the hour.
    We need to get used to the idea we will just be a decent team and let the cookies crumble exactly where they fall.
    Morey are you really a Wizard?? I am having my doubts! :p

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

we just have to face the facts that we have a cheap owner who won't let his GM do his job to the full extent.

It is what it is. Everybody is getting better or improving their roster while we are just sitting on our ass waiting for Yao to get back healthy. I don't think we are gonna make a significant move until Yao goes down or right before the deadline.

Sucks, but I am seriously complimating giving up on this season already. Hope Morey works his magic in 2011 when Melo becomes a free agent.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Talk is cheap! Les has stated he will go over the tax every season but has yet to back up on his claim.

The one free agent that we should really worry about is Morey. When does his contract run up? I don't think Les is letting him do his job properly, especially if Martin will be our biggest aquisition.

7. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You are wrong on two points here:

(1) Due to Scola's BYC status, the trade exception would only be HALF of Scola's starting salary.

(2) The Rockets DID use the Glen Rice trade exception. They used it to make the Tracy McGrady trade. In fact, it was instrumental to getting around Steve Francis's BYC status. Otherwise, the McGrady deal maybe doesn't get done.

So, there! :p

8. leebigez

leebigez Member

U should just cahnge your moniker to the :p . Its funny because everyone of your post has :p in it.

9. leebigez

leebigez Member

I was just lloking that up about the te, you're right. In regards to scola, you were the one talking about assets. They would get like a 4.5 m te or something like that and maybe a pick. I understand your point, i just think you've been brainwashed. Take the glasses off :grin:

[​IMG]

10. realmustang

realmustang Member

Not only will they gain a TE, they'll also gain another lottery pick.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Because Scola puts us over the top? Because without Scola, we can't beat anyone in the playoffs?

Gimme a break.

Sure, it would be nice to have his services, but it isn't the end of the world if he leaves.