1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Even if lockout is lifted, is anyone excited about our Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 17, 2011.

?

I wish Hakeem was back....

1. Yes, CHAMPIONSHIP!

33 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. Yes, they're going to average like last year, but they're my Rockets!

194 vote(s)
    56.7%
  3. No, no center or any upgrades, we're not going anywhere.

99 vote(s)
    28.9%
  4. No, I'm more of a cricket/rugby/Harry Potter fan.

16 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Heres one reason i get excited about the Rockets.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I love my rockets, so I do care. But it's hard to get too amped up while we're still stuck in NBA purgatory like we are now, waiting for the big deal to come through.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now i'm pumped for the season!!;):eek:

Calling them out!

4. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Let me know when they sign a center so they can move Chuck back to his natural spot.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I don't know if I'm excited about the Rockets, but I will be excited for the GARM. This is the first time in forever that I hit refresh on the GARM after about 15 minutes of doing something else and there was not one new post.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Sadly, no. It just seems like this franchise has been chasing it's tail since the playoff loss to the lakers.

It's hard to get behind a team full of guys who probably won't even be here in 2 years. Same goes for the coach.

And to be honest, there have been too many changes in my life to be the die-hard fan I was back in the old days. Wake me up when we actually have a plan in place.

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm more excited about this season than any season since Artest left. FINALLY we get to rebuild. I simply do not believe that our increasingly young team will compete for the playoffs under a new coach. I'm really excited to watch the young guys get a chance to develop though. And I'm even more excited about what will hopefully be a top 8 pick in the 2012 draft.

8. lalala902102001

I would be lying if I told you I'm excited about this season. We are not really a contender; we have no real young bluechip players to develop; and we don't even have a clear rebuilding plan going forward. Mediocrity is just not very exciting.

9. Raven

Raven Member

A lockout is great if the Rockets plan to tank. It won't be too painful watching them go 15-35 in a 50 game season. I can handle that, especially if it gets us a top five pick.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would describe myself as more curious than excited.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, it doesn't even feel like there will be a season. Hard to believe that we would already normally be watching Rockets games by now.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Saw him at my club and he hit 49 out of 50 three pointers. Doesn't really mean anything, but I thought I'd respond to the post with the info.

14. TheGoldenGreek

I'm always excited to watch the Rockets. I can't wait to see if Lowry continues to progress and solidify himself as a top PG in the league. I'm curious to see how McHale will effect the development of our young bigs in addition to the effect that the new coaching staff will have on the team as a whole. I am hoping that this is the year we get ourselves an actual center (my best case scenario is Marc Gasol but would be totally content to get DeAndre Jordan). I miss going to Toyota Center and I WANT ROCKETS BASKETBALL BACK!

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe he should practice passing the ball instead.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why would he stop at exactly 50?

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I sure as hell would not want to tank either. I would love to stick to Morey's plan of putting together a winning team without ever "sucking."

Although, even in a losing season I will find enjoyment watching guys like Ppatt, Lee, Lowry and all of our rising players. I, as a fan, am willing to accept building through the draft and with what assets we have, that would mean having a bad season.

This upcoming draft is deep and would be worth a loss of a winning season. I would much rather win and have the same feeling towards having a shot at winning; but, at what cost? Staying mediocre?

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I had a client coming up. He was shooting jumpers the whole time.

Players like Chuck, Lowry, Bud, Flynn, Twill, JHill, DeAndre Jordan and a few others have been coming up to the club and working on their game with Shawn Respert or John Lucas's group of guys (not all at the same time).

JHill actually has stood out the most. Lowry will be a beast this coming year (assuming there is a season). I predict with Dwill going to the east and Nash getting one year older Lowry will make the All-Star game behind CP3.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Really not much to be excited about, maybe Patterson, Morris, etc., the new players. The current team is a tease, not really going anywhere. Doubt that they make the playoffs. I will watch them play and lose to good teams and beat the bad ones, same ole, same ole...the Les Alexander era, inherited a championship team, all downhill from there. Houston hasn't been very lucky when it comes to professional sports owners or durable players.

20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business

Nice post.