1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Even Feigen is picking the Lakers in 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by code_red, May 4, 2009.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sounds reasonable from Feigan. But, I am unreasonable: I believe. Rox win 4. In 4, 5, 6, 7? Who cares. Just win 4, baby!

2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Reads more like a reverse jinx.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

What he wrote is the journalistic equivalent of the Vohawk dare. It's a friend's way of challenging the team. I like it.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Some people here act like idiots. It is amazing. Do you expect him to pick Rockets? Ok let's say we win 4-0. Y'all know we really have no chances against LA. Maybe we will steal one game.

5. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

We will not lose Game 6.

If we lose it will be in 5 or 7.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

concur.

guys, the lakers won the wcf by double digits. of course they're favored this series and should be.

1 person likes this.
  7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I'm a huge Rockets fan, and I'll be rooting for them every step of the way, but I believe the Lakers would have to choke pretty significantly (or suffer a significant injury) for the Rockets to win this series. The fan in me picks the Rockets, but my proverbial money is on the Lakers. Fandom and realism aren't necessarily incompatible.

That said, you'd think Feigen would have learned his lesson from Friedman to never go on public record picking against your home team. It's statistically a safer bet, but I still wouldn't do it in that position. I'm just another guy so I can say what's really on my mind whenever I want, but these guys are local media writers.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

How can anyone not feel like the Rockets aren't going to win?

I'm hoping we win. It'll be a dream come true. I doubt it will happen, so I'm not going to let it bother me as much as losing in the first round would have.

GO ROCKETS....kick LA's ASS!!!

Listening to 1560, Nuno and a couple of the other guys on the air just chose the lakers.

10. rocketsmetalspd

I don't mind Houston media going along with picking LA to win; it is and has been the flavor of this season. I just don't know why Houston is thought as the team that has to play the perfect game every game. The Lakers can not take an off night either, they also need to play perfect.

Talent alone can not win all the time. What the Rockets have going is special and it is a team thing that can not measure because it comes from the heart, that is what will push to this team to beat LA in six.

11. 9495

9495 Member

I don't expect the Rox to lose in Game 6.
    Not on our court!!!

12. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I'm Calling Out a lot of the Naysayer Reporters NOW

Should the ROX win this series against the Lakers, I want everyone to know who among the so-called sports elite was WRONG including x-players if you know what I mean...

1. Jonathan Feigen
    2. Tracy McGrady
    3. John Hollinger*
    4. Evil E
    5. John Gutierrez
    6. Stephen Whitaker
    7. CBS Sports
    8. Jason Lowry
    9. Slim Sweety (SportingNews)

*Didn't even have us making past Round 1

And some of these folks have even followed our team through the whole year! What gives? Aren't they watching our games??? Fact is, we give matchup problems in size for the Lakers that aren't being well reported on. We are truly PHYSICAL. It seems like every other article GOING INTO TODAY POST-WIN was like "advantage Lakers". HOGWASH I SAY!!!! Now, we're starting to see a little "hedging" if you know what I mean.

Anyways, on the other side of the fence, believe it or not, the ones who have consistently given us props or stayed on the objective line are:
    1. Charles Barkley
    2. Jeff Van Gundy
    3. I "feel" like Blineberry is in our camp too.
    The list runs much shorter but I respect these guys more.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    BOO TO THE NAYSAYERS WHO UNDERESTIMATE THE HEART OF WARIORS!!!!

theSAGE

13. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

what are you talking about? barkley never rooted for us against the lakers. he may have jumped on the bandwagon after yesterday, but he was laughing about how kobe was going to tear up ron.

14. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I'm not saying Barkley rooted for us, but he has bee consistent about saying how the Lakers were not showing that "hunger" going back to even the Utah series. He had doubts. And he hasn't outright ruled us out as many others have. I know he's bandwaggoned before, but strangely, he's been noncommittal about already handing the crown to the LAL like most others ahve been.

btw - JVG was just on ESPN. He says this is the perfect series for us. b/c LAL doesn't front us, Yao will get the back, and he'll be effective. He likes us in 6, but should it go 7, he said advantage: Lakers. I like JVG! He's a good objective reporter.

theSAGE

15. arubato

arubato Member

I don't think Feigen being a hater or something. I believe he wants the Rockets to win but the odds are against us that's why he picked the Lakers in 6. But I do believe in some posters here who says that the Lakers won't win here Houston in game 6. Should the Lakers win, I think it will be on game 7.

16. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I'm a huge Rockets fan and I would love for the Rockets to pull off the upset. But the lakers are the better team and that first game was a wake up game. To be honest with you, I don't think the rockets will win another game.

17. MandM's

MandM's Member

feigan is a **** jocky anyway