1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[@EvanSilva] - "Good team with arrow pointing down = #Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rick Rambis, Jun 5, 2013.

1. solid

solid Member

And there is no connection between individual numbers and team success? You people are grasping at straws. What's the point? Give it up.

2. The Cat

The Cat Member

OK, sounds good. Then by your link...

Cam Newton > Tom Brady
    Tony Romo > Eli Manning

There you go, you showed us!!! :rolleyes:

3. solid

solid Member

Personally, I am tired of this, but if you put Cam Newton on the Patriots and Romo on the Giants, I guess you could find out. Or, take Rogers off the Packers and put him on the Texans (would love that - think we might be better?) and P. Manning off the Colts, and put Luck on the Colts. Wow, they did that. But, Luck had pretty good numbers and went to the playoffs. But wait, Peyton went to a playoff team and got knocked out, but....

4. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

I am tired of the Luck a$$hole licking. Russell Wilson and RG3 deserve a lot more praise. Come back to me in a year or two before I get on my knees for the guy like so many of ya'll are. A 54 percent completion percentage and a 76.5 qb rating. Wow. Awesome. The Colts way overachieved. They were minus 30 in point differential and minus 12 in turnover differential.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

There is but citing fantasy production when trying to discuss the actual game of football is probably the weakest case you can make to prove any point. And then simultaneously accusing the other side of grasping at straws is laughable.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

The rankings are 100% subjective; the opinions of fantasy "experts." It ultimately has zero relevance. Even better? The same site ranks Andre Johnson 12th. Well, if Andre Johnson isn't considered top 10.... I mean, it must be time to move on.

1 person likes this.
  7. solid

solid Member

I don't play fantasy football , but it would seem reasonable to me that those who do would want players on their team that are high producers. Is your argument that individual performance is not connected to fantasy standings, and that individual performance doesn't impact, affect, is not related to "real" team performance? If that is your argument? If it is. :grin:

8. The Cat

The Cat Member

There's dense and then there's this.

Your ranking has Cam Newton ahead of Tom Brady. Just think about it.

If Team A calls a QB draw from the 1-yard line and the QB scores, while Team B calls a HB dive from the 1-yard line and the HB scores, it's the same result for the team, right? There's a pretty big difference in fantasy.

If Team A wins 12 games and routinely leads by double-digit margins in the second half of games, their QB is probably going to throw less than a QB on Team B whose team is often trailing. Thus, the latter QB is probably going to have more yards and other statistical numbers simply based on volume. Is the QB on Team B better? If your objective is fantasy football, yes. If your objective is winning games, probably not.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Judging players by their fantasy stats is so…..I mean….are there really people who do this and expect to be taken seriously?

You may as well judge players by their Madden rankings. I'm sure there are people who do this too....

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN personality Mark Schlereth said the Texans are “a complete team,” but have one potential flaw.

“The one question mark is the quarterback,” Schlereth said of veteran Matt Schaub.

“(He’s) a little bit iffy.”

But in predicting the AFC playoff teams for this spot, Schlereth had the Texans in the playoffs.

“I think they are the best in their division,” he said.

Schlereth picked the Broncos, Patriots, Texans, Bengals, Steelers and Dolphins to make the playoffs.

He also said that Houston native Andrew Luck and the Colts “overachieved” last year in making the playoffs and would not return in 2013.

11. SSP365

SSP365 Member

1. what's the texans record vs peyton?

i dont have to look it up, he still owns us. we have a losing record against peyton.

2. i said almost. not always. what's matt schaub's record vs elite qbs? i dont even have to look it up. he has a losing record. you posting two regular season wins vs peyton and flacco doesnt make the post you quoted untrue.

3. we have played in arguably the worst division in the nfl the past two years. sure we are gonna get wins.

4. middle ground? you mean mediocrity. how long has kubiak been here? how long has schaub? yet it took peyton breaking his neck for us to finally win the division and you're over here bragging about beating andy dalton and the bengals twice?

PATHETIC.

5. yes matt schaub and gary kubiak are glorified back up qbs. kubiak slurpers like yourself i bet were calling him an offensive guru like a lot of nimrods when the going was going good. he's a fraud. a conservative, cowardly fraud who cant even look at crucial field goals because he's such a beyotch. matt schaub a guy who goes into fetal position whenever someone breathes on him and cant lead an offense to the end zone despite having multiple pro bowlers on the oline, a pro bowl wr, pro bowl running back, pro bowl caliber TE in daniels.

MATT " PRO BOWL LEGEND MVP" SCHAUB = GLORIFIED BACK UP QB BEING COACHED BY ANOTHER GLORIFIED BACK UP QB.

12. SSP365

SSP365 Member

anybody with a modicum of intelligence and honesty can tell you matt schaub is the weakest link of the offense.

the guy had probowlers all over the field yet couldnt score a touchdown the last couple of weeks of the season.

SCHAUB = CERTIFIED CHOKE ARTIST.

13. Rick Rambis

Rick Rambis Member

*sigh*

I give up.

14. sammy

sammy Member

His arm was weak as hell towards the end of the regular season.

Hopefully, he was banged up bc his play was downright pathetic :eek:

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

While Schaub (a Pro Bowler, BTW) certainly played poorly down the stretch... I'm curious why you're not holding the other "probowlers" the Texans had all over the field accountable for the offense's poor play?

16. conquistador#11

you can say the same thing about every phase of the game. foster had probowlers all over the line but still tripped before gaining a yard. Son of bum had probowlers all over the field but henne looked like the greatest of all time. Special teams ahh well they were who they were. it was a monumental collapse after that turkey day game.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/BarberTheKing">@BarberTheKing</a> I wonder if Arian Foster can live up to a top-3 overall <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fantasyfootball&amp;src=hash">#fantasyfootball</a> pick ... Chances he does are slim. Declining.</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/statuses/347321769494990848">June 19, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Don't get it.

So basically our entire team is declining according to Evan Silva and "sources"?

Ridiculous.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

And it's based on our QB and RB fantasy stats......

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

sorry to th late reply, and people already commented the big difference between fantasy football and real football.

and Im wondering why you didnt quote the part saying flacco (the current superbowl MVP) is not in the list, while romo is, why is that? is romo better than flacco?