1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[@EvanSilva] - "Good team with arrow pointing down = #Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rick Rambis, Jun 5, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

the point is peyton is a guy that your kind loves to romanticize but he had little to do with that superbowl run. His performances were beyond pathetic, but boy his defense picked up their game and they won it that year. We have the players to be a shut down defense. Wade has consulted about stopping the gimmicky K-gun like offenses. The first step was knowing there was a problem there. Do you even enjoy being a texans fan?
    I would have jumped shipped to another team if I was that miserable. :)

The running quarterback will revolutionize the game, lol tell me if you haven't heard that before. Eventually they will get knocked the f' out and will conform. the defense tends to adapt too.

2. ubigred

ubigred Member

What's there to be miserable about? I don't see the correlation between criticism and being miserable.

I agree that Peyton didn't play well during his Super Bowl run. It will be interesting to see the yardage though.

Wade needs to worry about the passing QBs first. They swiss cheesed him up enough last season.

Marciano still on the team? Sigh....

#182 ubigred, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

It was a designed pay that worked perfectly followed by an accurately thrown ball that got KW behind the defense. For Baltimore, it was perhaps the worst played ball in the air by the broncos safety that allowed a chunked up pass to be caught, bread basket style, by jacoby. Can't compare those 2 plays at all

4. ubigred

ubigred Member

It was blown coverage. I remember seeing Broncos players arguing with each other. Tracy Porter got benched that game as well.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

Yes, because of a well-designed, perfectly-executed play - the Broncos were not the first team confused by the Texans' play-action.

I mean.... can this team do *ANY* right in your eyes? You still don't think it's wildly convenient that everything bad that happens is Schaub's fault, and everything good that happens is lucky? You're oblivious to how completely that undermines your opinion?

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. ubigred

ubigred Member

Just curious where was that play all season? It was a 52 yard TD, not even remotely seen at ANY point in Walter's career. Hell, Walter can't get separation past 2 yards.

8. Raven

Raven Member

You ready to judge him now?

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Member

I think he would still be making excuses for David Carr if Kubiak had stuck with him.

10. ubigred

ubigred Member

Ironic

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Member

I’ve seen my name pop up in a few threads, or, in this case, a 2 month old post of mine brought up, so I thought I’d jump on real quick: I’m not ducking anything or anyone, and I’m not hiding – I post at work and I literally haven’t been in the office since September 13 (a family vacation was sandwiched into between two work trips) - I didn’t even watch a single play of the Baltimore game (my birthday, no less). And you know what? I’ve rather enjoyed the time away – the season is much more enjoyable when it’s not being filtered through a lot of incoherent, angry shouting and I’m definitely going to try and continue the sabbatical.

As for Schaub… in the least surprising development of 2013, a vast majority of posters calling me out have conveniently forgotten that I was concerned and down on Schaub throughout the end of last year – sure, I was willing to give him a chance to redeem himself this season: but does anyone honestly think he’s done that and that I’d defend him? When he has played poorly, I’ve never had an issue calling him out. I just don’t do it as passionately and with as much vitriol/satisfaction as too many here.

Do I think the season is lost? No. Of course not.

I’m encouraged by a lot of what I saw yesterday (in fact, I think they’ll beat SF this weekend); if Cushing is OK, then I think this defense has the potential to be elite (not a coincidence Wilson started making plays after Cush went out); the OL (which has not been good, especially at protecting Schaub) will be better when Brown gets healthy; and there’s a good chance they’ll still win 10-11 games and we’ll get to take our chances in the playoffs. But Schaub is now very obviously a giant issue. We might not need him to win games – but he has to stop giving them away. (He's on pace for 24 INTs, which would equal his *total* from his last two full seasons - '10 and '12. He's only thrown 30 in his last 42 regular season games.) (I’m 1,000% flabbergasted by his pick-6 yesterday; just an awful, terrible decision. The Seahawks had so obviously blown that play up that his only option was to take the sack and hand the game to his defense… I can’t fathom his thought process.)

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

holy ****, this guy is 100% on the money on everything

WTF?? Evan Silva PWNED us!

I need to apologize on behalf of all Texans fans to this fortune teller.