1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evan Mobley Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I watched Sugg’s highlight today too. His playmaking ability impresses me.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Mobley looks like Bosh clone. Very versatile big man, who is raw, young and can grow with Porter. I see wood Moving on if this is the pick. Although im sure they have Jalen Green is the headlight. If its between Mobley and Green. I think you pick the best talent, which is Green by like very close percentages, he could possibly be the next kobe man. Centers dont win championships anymore.

3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's the biggest concern. I'm weary of the idea of guys "developing an offensive game" or "developing a jump shot", because sometimes they just never develop the skill set.

Green's offense is incredibly polished, with elite athleticism and shooting at a very high rate from 3 in the g-league. Mobley has a higher ceiling, but most guys never hit that ceiling. Ben Simmons is a jumpshot and a scoring mentality away from a perennial all-NBA guy, but the odds of him ever developing an offense is slim to none.

ashleyem, saleem and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Aren't there concerns also with Mobley and his work ethic? There are rumors that basketball isn't really a passion for him. That doesn't bode well in developing skill. Usually basketball maniacs who are extremely passionate develop their skills. Guys like Kobe or even Harden. Basketball is always number one in their lives. If you don't have that drive you won't develop your full potential and there are already rumors that Mobley doesn't have that drive. Bad sign.

I don't know much about Green off the court though.

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I want the guy who has greater passion and can handle physical contact. Jalen Green has shown that in the G- league.

ashleyem and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not enough for me.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Capella with shooting touch.

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm not sure about Mobley's work ethic, but for someone as athletic as Green to shoot as well as he does, I find that very promising. Courtesy of Thunder community

[​IMG]
    This shot chart basically exemplifies today's league, an elite finisher and a good shooter who doesn't settle for mid-range shots. If he is doing this at 19 years old in the G-League, I do think it'll translate very well to the NBA.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya and usually guys in the gleague have some proffesional or D1 experience under their belt. Green did that right out of high school.

saleem likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't like guards that can't shoot like Suggs, he's more like Marcus Smart than Brandon Roy at this point.

There's only two guards that are bad shooters who are good, Fox and Morant, but both have freakish athleticism that Suggs do not have.

HTXSportsAddict and MrButtocks like this.