1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

European All Inclusive Vacation Deals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wizkid83, Aug 20, 2012.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I'm thinking either somewhere like Portugal or Eastern Europe like Czech Repbulic. Anyone know any sites that can give the best deals?

2. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Can't suggest a site, but I can suggest a destination: Budapest, Hungary. I travelled there in 2006, and it was the BEST time I've ever had in Europe. Folks were friendly as can be, grateful for the tourism dollars, lots to see and do, and all reasonably priced.

Prague has become the trendy spot to check out in the CzR, but I was less than impressed. It's become too crowded and "touristy". And not nearly as affordable as it used to be.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What exactly are you looking for? Would be happy to try and assist. kayak.com is one site for travel price comparison, but there are others, depending on what you are looking for.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Prague feels like the most touristy city Europe imo

5. Buck Turgidson

Go to Krakow: same experience, much less touristy.

6. Prince

Prince Member

vacationstogo.com

7. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

This. Poland in general is great, and Krakow was a blast.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Eastern Europe:

Prague....Budapest....

But, I couldn't go to Europe with out stopping in the Alps:

Switzerland....Austria etc.....simply amazing.

I miss living in Switzerland....

9. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I used eurovacations.com for my Prague-Vienna-Budapest trip last year. You can set up hotels, trains, flights, tours, etc. Easy and reasonably priced, though the trains are really marked up.

Budapest is wonderful, as good as Paris.

10. wizkid83

Vacation w/ Family/Friends or just the wife. Want to kick back and relax for a bit but don't want to the hotel on the beach thing. I want my vacations to recharge me for the year so rushing through all the touristy site for 14 hours a day for four days with a camera isn't what I'm looking for.

I really like the cruises, they take you some where, you do excursion for 4 hours, then you go back to some place lively to eat, drink and be merry till the next day without needing to think about what to eat, where to eat, and how much to pay. There's also things to do close by and you can just jump in. Cycle repeat for 4 days. Like I've said, I enjoy cruises, however, I'd also like the option of doing something else off schedule if the whim overtakes me and the options of visiting something with a local flavor which cruises don't always offer. Some co-workers suggested looking into all inclusive vacations.

AND OH YEAH, LOOKING TO DO IT ON THE CHEAP. I'd like to do it spring break-ish next year, but maybe summer if prices are better.

Also, thanks to others for the advice, looking at Krakow packages on the web right now.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Summer is going to be the most expensive time. I did New Year's last year, and it was half the price.

12. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

sounds like you have no idea what you want. i bet your boss thinks you're a good little soldier and that your wife wears the pants. amirite?

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

ever tried living social packages? they are always offering great deals on overseas vacations. i've only bought one adventure package to a camping trip in Tennessee and it was legitimate. had a blast.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Buying a travel package is never cheap.

You want to go during Spring Break next year?

Apply for some high-reward credit cards now, which give you a huge airline mile bonus after spending $x.

Get the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) American Express card, including the sign-up bonus.

If you do it right, you and your wife can fly to Europe in business/first class (for free), and can stay at a luxurious hotel (at least for a few of the nights), also for free.

16. wizkid83

I've been mostly looking at Groupon get-away deals right now, will probably check living social.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

I'd recommend Berlin. The most amazing nightlife I've seen

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have been monitoring prices for Air+Hotel to Rome last this February or early March. Seen some good deals so far in the $1200 person. Thoughts on Rome? I would also be making a point to get to Florence for a few days. Some people I know just got back and were not very high on Rome but they liked Florence quite a bit.